TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TyCooN, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Huh?
    Dude was talking all this God shit prior to the fight. Not once did he mention God after he lost. Humble? He gave Floyd no credit for beating him. Hie entire camp didn't. Now he has a shoulder issue? Tommy Hearns hurt his hand vs Hagler and his trainer wanted to let the press know. Hearns said...No. Hagler won. F Roach saying that Floyd ran? Ok...as his trainer, do you not plan and prepare for that? And they got up and walked out of the press conference after Floyd's team came in. Fuck outta here with that shit.

He was exposed. He ain't no "legend."

And I don't think anyone is God. But PBF is the best fighter of this generation. Full stop.

Last edited: May 3, 2015

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Pac also has a trainer who just can't stop talking shit. Re Floyd's dad. Re knocking everyone out. Re Floyd "running."
    But his guy gets schooled and now it's his shoulder. Fuck outta here.

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I want to share a story with you about the valuable knowledge I gained from the fan reactions inside of the club.

Noises made for manny was primarily cheering.

The music for Floyd had a higher degree of booing. Ultimately, he evoked a greater volume out of the people than his filipino buddy. In this moment of clarity, I quickly realized why Floyd has always been the greater draw. He knows how to manipulate people into making strong emotional decisions towards him. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. If something is relevant, it has huge power over your buying decision.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Why don't you just be honest and say you'd rather watch a bar fight where people get degenerative neurological damage?

It's not Mayweather's fault that no one is good enough to hit him. What do you want him to do, stick his chin out and ask to be hit?

The sport of boxing is about landing punches and avoiding getting hit. There's been noone better at it than Mayweather for the last 15 years. It's great to watch.

5. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

I was going to post something like this.

95% of the people who watch boxing have no clue about cutting weight, glove sizes... etc. The average person just wants to see people try to knock their heads off. Many old school boxers also would prefer more exciting (violent) fights too. Whatever.

6. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Fully agree on this. PBF is a pure boxer.

The fact that he's shrewd in marketing himself shouldn't take away from what he's done. He's been smart about it. He has every right to be called the greatest of his time.

He can be in the same breath as Ali/Fraizer/Foreman, Johnson, Sugar, Dempsey, Louis, Jones, etc. They all did things outside the ring (either talk, overcome racial barriers, or say nothing at all) and backed it up inside the ring.

7. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Senior member

Yawn

Same for the Klitschko title defense

8. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

As for everyone who came to develop high school girl like feelings of affection towards manny due to his 'humility', I want you all to know you fell for a sham.

I watch a lot of boxing, but he' has invented some of the stupidest excuses I seen as a boxing fan.

Kid lied about thinking he won during the post-fight in-ring interview. Commentator looked at him like is you retarded.

I'll never understand the drive to become a fan of someone primarily because he shows some gentlemanly behavior. His job is to issue beatings to other humans while minimizing the damage he takes. His effectiveness in that task is the correct metric for why you should or shouldn't be a fan.

There's no logic behind using the criterion a pass prime, about to hit the wall, and desperate female uses when she's looking for some safe guy that can be brought home to home mom for marriage.

From thinking he won the fight to making up stories about a shoulder injury coming into it to saying he took his foot off the gas in the 11 and 12th (rounds where Floyd clowned him the hardest).

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-i-thought-i-up-took-foot-off-gas-11-12--90594

Just stop manny. You had a good career and was most definitely an overachiever. Both you and your team were public relations wizards that manipulated public perception into your favor. Stick to your usual MO by fighting a Chris Algieri level fighter and retire off a victory where you look good.

Last edited: May 4, 2015

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Hahaha. Now the Pac people are saying that there was a "mole" in their camp and leaked the "shoulder" issue to PBF's camp. Ok. Let's say that there was. That's on him and Roach. Not on PBF.

This a a gracious and humble man? Bullshit.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

same guy with fans that mailed death threats to writers in 2010ish for saying Floyd is the best

Attracts sub-par people into the sport. Considered a saint for boxing.

12. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

This coming from someone who is "humble and likable."

2 days after the fight and he has not given PBF 1 ounce of credit. PBF called Manny a great champion.
    Manny/Roach and Arum made excuses. You lost bro....take your fans and go home!

14. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

\

That's how Filipinos are.

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Not sure how long this will be up. It is not the US broadcast version. But A Ward is the analyst.

Freddie Roach should be ashamed of himself for agreeing to play a part in taking a selfie before the biggest fight in his fighter's(and his) career.

People say that PBF was greedy. What about Manny doing something this stupid because he has an sponsorship deal with a phone company? Ok. He is entitled to get paid. But if he was injured...Roach should have been working on a plan B for the fight in case Manny fell behind...which he did. Both Manny and Roach had no answer.