• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:lol:

Ain't no excuses can be made. Easy win by May. I wouldn't even give Pac a point, complete sweep on my card. Well maybe one if replay played no factor.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to hear all the Manuela fans make excuses. Dude had no answer for PBF. **** Manny Pacquiao! **** Freddie Roach.

What type of nonsense is this? The fight was boring as ****. Both men are at fault here, stop with your Mayweather bias. It was a bad match up for Manny but Mayweather like the boxer fought how he normally does but it doesn't change it was a trash fight.

I'm a fan of both but I'd never pay for a Mayweather fight.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take nothing away from Mayweather. He's a defensive genius, and is a ring general. But this fight was the most boring super fight ever.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Should have been bigger tbh. Manny was barely in the fight. Was a complete thrashing.

I should have been clearer. I was just asking for opinions on how it scored. It's academic since it was a clear UD. I was just curious what people thought.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I want to hear what all the Manuela fans say. **** Manny. He had no answer for PBF's plan. He didn't throw "punches in bunches." Another fight where Manuela was exposed.

Not a Manny fan, but what is there to say? Floyd was too long and too technical. Weight classes exist in combat sports for a reason, and Floyd and Manny looked like they were in two different ones.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy money. LOL. Pac-Man was done years ago. Consolation prize.

LOL

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to hear what all the Manuela fans say. **** Manny. He had no answer for PBF's plan. He didn't throw "punches in bunches." Another fight where Manuela was exposed.
I'm so happy he got exposed by Floyd out of all people.

The media's mainstream disney fairytale the good guy always wins politically correct narrative would have been insufferable had the puppet pull it off.

I want to hear all the Manuela fans make excuses. Dude had no answer for PBF. **** Manny Pacquiao! **** Freddie Roach.
This is exactly what I said as I was seated with two paqturd couples.

After watching boxing for a certain amount of time you learn how to recognize subtle shots. Every time The Savant came over the top with a left hook I'd shout **** THAT FOO .

This was not a classic pac fight at all. But it was a classic Floyd fight.

I been watching boxing ALL my life, as far back as I can remember and this was a fight where if Pac would have fought the Clottey fight, he would have won.

The fight was much closer than the final score showed IMHO.
It's a great thing for the TECHNICAL ADVANCEMENT of boxing that he won in the manner he did.

It weeds out those that are exclusively excitement whores as fans and funnels in people who will use their intelligence to discuss boxing.

manny couldn't do the Clottey fight because Floyd didn't allow him. Floyd is probably the greatest in history at controlling and reducing the amount of punches an opponent throws.

:lol:

Ain't no excuses can be made. Easy win by May. I wouldn't even give Pac a point, complete sweep on my card. Well maybe one if replay played no factor.
I had manny winning 3ish rounds.

What type of nonsense is this? The fight was boring as ****. Both men are at fault here, stop with your Mayweather bias. It was a bad match up for Manny but Mayweather like the boxer fought how he normally does but it doesn't change it was a trash fight.

I'm a fan of both but I'd never pay for a Mayweather fight.
Claims to be a Mayweather fan then calls a technically sound performance a trash fight and throws a fit about never paying

You want to sound neutral yet you don't hold manny accountable for his incompetence. Lesser fighters such as Cotto and even Maidana, who no one gave a chance to, were able to cut Floyd off and force him to fight.

If manny wasn't so limited, he could have got Floyd to deliver what you want.

I should have been clearer. I was just asking for opinions on how it scored. It's academic since it was a clear UD. I was just curious what people thought.
I had it 9-3 for Floyd. Maybe it'll change to 10-2 or 8-4 upon rewatch.

Not a Manny fan, but what is there to say? Floyd was too long and too technical. Weight classes exist in combat sports for a reason, and Floyd and Manny looked like they were in two different ones.
Ambulance

manny's fight night weight tonight was 152. That's more than Floyd's record fight night weight of 150.

Boxing separates size by WEIGHT classes not LENGTH classes.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are my thoughts.

I was impressed by manny's defense. He made Floyd's right miss big a couple of times earlier in the fight.

Both guys showed a very impressive defense in this fight. Not once did manny manage to HURT Floyd with the left. Some prior southpaws have landed bigger lefts on Floyd. manny getting neutralized to that degree is a testament to Floyd finally mastering southpaws.

It was ultimately VERY similar to Floyd-Guerrero. People who appreciate boxing realize how impressive Floyd's feat tonight was. He made a respectably ranked All Time Great opponent look like Guerrero, who isn't even a Hall of Famer.

I'm unsure if it was a decline or respect for another great fighter, but Floyd didn't look amazing relative to his standards. Hopefully, it was because he respected another great.

I didn't expect Floyd to make manny's left that inaccurate. It was a pleasant surprise.

anyways, I think he's making the correct choice to fight only one more time.

Last edited:

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If manny wasn't so limited, he could have got Floyd to deliver what you want.
I had it 9-3 for Floyd. Maybe it'll change to 10-2 or 8-4 upon rewatch.

I think 9-3 is probably accurate due to the middle rounds. Glad this is out of the way for PBF. Doubt any chance of a re-match.

People complain of the fight being boring - did you spend $100 not expecting PBF to be a defensive genius? You might want to just watch Ali v. Fraizer instead on YouTube - you have 3 to pick from and they're all free.

[VIDEO]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12811871[/VIDEO]

Last edited:

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Easy money. LOL. Pac-Man was done years ago. Consolation prize.

LOL

I should probably not reply to someone that uses LOL twice in their own comment - however I'm stupid. You do realize Floyd is older than Manny right? And Manny was coming off 3 wins on decent opponents.

Last edited:

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I should probably not reply to someone that uses LOL twice in their own comment - however I'm stupid. You do realize Floyd is older than Manny right? And Manny was coming off 3 wins on decent opponents.

Yes. That doesn't change the fact he would have had a better shot at winning a few years ago.

LOL

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. That doesn't change the fact he would have had a better shot at winning a few years ago.

LOL

Right - after he won a controversial fight against Juan, then lost to Bradley, and probably doesn't even remember the Juan KO?

Peak form for sure.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

What a joke. Freddie/Arum and Manny crying about a shoulder injury! If Floyd would have lost and said anything like that, he would have been crucified. Manny was exposed.

This comment was telling:

"PAC and company showed a complete lack of class by blaming the loss on a pre fight injury. Roach showed why he is the most overrated trainer in the sport. He was completely useless in the corner. Arum basically admitted that for the amount of $ on the line they would have thrown Manny in the ring even if he was an amputee."

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mayweather is a boring professor, but boxing enthusiasts got an education. Money is a master.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not gonna argue with you man. You seem to think Floyd is God. Yes put all the blame o Manny. It's a super fight not a super snooze. This is not going to help boxing to be honest. No idea how someone can hate on Pac . The guy us humble and likeable. But you can't please them all. If you appreciate the sweet science of boxing then sure you probably enjoyed the fight. But for most people we want to get our moneys worth. Mayweather is boring. Simply put. His style is defense. Not everyone's cup of tea

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads