• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Absolutely agree. His fights are getting increasingly boring though. Although he regularly schools his opponents, it mostly looks like a sparring match.

Not his fault. He is that much better than everyone else...

And before anyone mentions Manny P, note that MP loses fights. PBF loses ROUNDS!

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://giant.gfycat.com/IncompleteComplicatedKid.gif

big shot Marcos caught him with at the end of round 3.

Floyd's momentum was partially used against him, but he didn't even stagger

dat chin

the only two physical attributes he lacks are obvious ko power, and his facial features don't seem hard to bust up (not a liability since he's hard to hit clean in the face)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bot his fault. He is that much better than everyone else...

And before anyone mentions Manny P, note that MP loses fights. PBF loses ROUNDS!

http://giant.gfycat.com/IncompleteComplicatedKid.gif

big shot Marcos caught him with at the end of round 3.

Floyd's momentum was partially used against him, but he didn't even stagger

dat chin

the only two physical attributes he lacks are obvious ko power, and his facial features don't seem hard to bust up (not a liability since he's hard to hit clean in the face)

I think that he will go down as a great boxer who was gun shy. That non-fight with Pacquiao at Pacman's prime will be a the biggest knock against him and be emblematic of his attitude, as he continually shows in the last round of every fight. He is content to cruise to a victory, and doesn't ever try to put an exclamation mark on it.

The reason that Pacquiao ate it is because he had too much of that. We can only wish a bit more of that on PBF.

I am convinced that he could knock guys out. But that so I would also open him up more, since he would need to string more aggressive combinations together, since he is not a big puncher. So, he will probably never do it. At this point, no one thinks that he will KO anyone. People are more interested in seeing if anyone can knock him out of his track shoes.

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that he will go down as a great boxer who was gun shy. That non-fight with Pacquiao at Pacman's prime will be a the biggest knock against him and be emblematic of his attitude, as he continually shows in the last round of every fight. He is content to cruise to a victory, and doesn't ever try to put an exclamation mark on it.

The reason that Pacquiao ate it is because he had too much of that. We can only wish a bit more of that on PBF.

I am convinced that he could knock guys out. But that so I would also open him up more, since he would need to string more aggressive combinations together, since he is not a big puncher. So, he will probably never do it. At this point, no one thinks that he will KO anyone. People are more interested in seeing if anyone can knock him out of his track shoes.
manny getting ko'd by JUAN was similar with some differences.

manny is a habitual lunger and propelled himself directly into a compact dynamite right

Floyd was known for having relatively fragile hands throughout his career. as a fan I was happy to see his hands didn't get injured last night despite ripping Marcos with 3 punch combos to the body someitmes

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

manny getting ko'd by JUAN was similar with some differences.

manny is a habitual lunger and propelled himself directly into a compact dynamite right

Floyd was known for having relatively fragile hands throughout his career. as a fan I was happy to see his hands didn't get injured last night despite ripping Marcos with 3 punch combos to the body someitmes

Yeah, Manny was overly aggressive, a counterpoint to Mayweather's extreme caution.

I admire Floyd's skills, but would much rather watch a Cotto fight.

Part of this is just my personal inclinations. Though clearly not in the same planet in terms of skills, part of why I stopped was my inclination to trade in the pocket, and to be a front foot heavy puncher.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no one else left for Floyd to fight other than PAC. I"m a fan of Floyd but other than the Canelo fight in recent times, his fights are against B and C level fighters.

Who is next for him? Surely can't be Amir Khan? That guy is garbage! only one fight at WW against a barely ranked opponent and who got TKO by garcia.

The only "money" fight would be a rematch against Cotto. There really isn't any option but PAC.

At this stage I get my money's worth by watching PAC instead of Floyd. Then again I was the tard who paid for the PAC vs Clottley fight:embar:

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is no one else left for Floyd to fight other than PAC. I"m a fan of Floyd but other than the Canelo fight in recent times, his fights are against B and C level fighters.

Who is next for him? Surely can't be Amir Khan? That guy is garbage! only one fight at WW against a barely ranked opponent and who got TKO by garcia.

The only "money" fight would be a rematch against Cotto. There really isn't any option but PAC.

At this stage I get my money's worth by watching PAC instead of Floyd. Then again I was the tard who paid for the PAC vs Clottley fight:embar:

So true. I'm a much bigger fan of Floyd and believe he can beat Pac but I just don't see the need to purchase any of Floyd's fights anymore other than Canelo. Pac's fights are still somewhat interesting so I don't mind actually paying the PPV to watch them.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
encouraging fights with inferior opposition like Rios and Algieri by paying for em is nothing to be proud of

as a hardcore, fans who go I only want to see Floyd-manny make no sense. By paying for matches like Rios, Bradley rematch (would have been unnecessary had they not rig the judges the first time), and Algieri, you communicate I'll still pay you even if you don't make the fight I want

Alvarez, at the time Floyd fought him, was mostly a product of hype. He has done some good things ever since, but the Mexican diehards exaggerated the collective perception of his abilities coming into the Floyd fight.

Maidana, who isn't as talented as Alvarez, was the much more proven fighter coming into his initial Floyd fight

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

encouraging fights with inferior opposition like Rios and Algieri by paying for em is nothing to be proud of

as a hardcore, fans who go I only want to see Floyd-manny make no sense. By paying for matches like Rios, Bradley rematch (would have been unnecessary had they not rig the judges the first time), and Algieri, you communicate I'll still pay you even if you don't make the fight I want

Alvarez, at the time Floyd fought him, was mostly a product of hype. He has done some good things ever since, but the Mexican diehards exaggerated the collective perception of his abilities coming into the Floyd fight.

Maidana, who isn't as talented as Alvarez, was the much more proven fighter coming into his initial Floyd fight

Whoever pays for Algieri needs their head checked. Maidana sucks and if Floyd did fight Khan at that time when he fought Maidana, he would have gotten a huge backlash.

I'm telling you man, the door for pac and floyd to fight crap opponents is over. There isn't really any 147 that is a threat to both of them but themselves.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are still lots of fights I'd like to see before they both hang it up. The last 2 fights by Mayweather was probably the worst I've seen him in a good part of the decade(?). His fight with Alvarez was surgical and was a beauty to watch, the 2 battles with Maidana wasn't pretty and that second one was just worse for Maidana though Money did eat a few shots in the face that he probably hasn't experienced in a while. I was surprised to see his face a bit swollen after the fight.

I'd love to see Money or Pac fight Thurman or maybe Kell Brook. I think it'll be a more fun against Pac but if Money can go back to being precise like he did with Alvarez, that'll be a fight to see. Broner said he'd love a shot at Pac and I think that is a good fight too, might as close to a Money vs Pac fight we'll ever see.

I'd love to see GGG go down in weight and fight either one too, that'll be devastating fight but I am curious if GGG could bring his power if he goes to their weight. Some say he isn't ready or tested like Thurman but one or two more fight from each against decent opposition with startling wins gets them there. Though I'd like to see GGG go against Ward more but I am not even sure if Ward will box ever again. lol

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whoever pays for Algieri needs their head checked. Maidana sucks and if Floyd did fight Khan at that time when he fought Maidana, he would have gotten a huge backlash.

I'm telling you man, the door for pac and floyd to fight crap opponents is over. There isn't really any 147 that is a threat to both of them but themselves.
it's like boxing is going through a transitional phase, but no one is good enough to indefinitely step up

none of the younger faces in the welterweight division make you believe he'll be the one to take over soon once Floyd retires

there's rumors of Amir-Guerrero. If the former wins that match and doesn't nearly die doing it, he'll probably be Floyd's next opponent
There are still lots of fights I'd like to see before they both hang it up. The last 2 fights by Mayweather was probably the worst I've seen him in a good part of the decade(?). His fight with Alvarez was surgical and was a beauty to watch, the 2 battles with Maidana wasn't pretty and that second one was just worse for Maidana though Money did eat a few shots in the face that he probably hasn't experienced in a while. I was surprised to see his face a bit swollen after the fight.

I'd love to see Money or Pac fight Thurman or maybe Kell Brook. I think it'll be a more fun against Pac but if Money can go back to being precise like he did with Alvarez, that'll be a fight to see. Broner said he'd love a shot at Pac and I think that is a good fight too, might as close to a Money vs Pac fight we'll ever see.

I'd love to see GGG go down in weight and fight either one too, that'll be devastating fight but I am curious if GGG could bring his power if he goes to their weight. Some say he isn't ready or tested like Thurman but one or two more fight from each against decent opposition with startling wins gets them there. Though I'd like to see GGG go against Ward more but I am not even sure if Ward will box ever again. lol
Thurman or Brook would be great fights for Floyd. two young talented guys. Hopefully, there's enough time for them to step up, gain relevancy, and have the hype necessary to demand a Floyd fight

beating a young talented guy is like an investment. He can go on to do some good things (like Alvarez after Floyd beat him), which bolsters your standing down the road

I'll have to see Floyd against someone who is stylistically an easy fight for him before I can fully gauge his decline

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's like boxing is going through a transitional phase, but no one is good enough to indefinitely step up

none of the younger faces in the welterweight division make you believe he'll be the one to take over soon once Floyd retires

[COLOR=FF00AA]there's rumors of Amir-Guerrero. If the former wins that match and doesn't nearly die doing it, he'll probably be Floyd's next opponent[/COLOR]

This seems like a stretch. If they fight, it would be at the end of the year. Then, Amir would have to be turned around for a May fight.
Possible? Yes.

But then Amir vs RG has to be announced ASAP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads