1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TyCooN, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Whoever pays for Algieri needs their head checked. Maidana sucks and if Floyd did fight Khan at that time when he fought Maidana, he would have gotten a huge backlash.

I'm telling you man, the door for pac and floyd to fight crap opponents is over. There isn't really any 147 that is a threat to both of them but themselves.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

There are still lots of fights I'd like to see before they both hang it up. The last 2 fights by Mayweather was probably the worst I've seen him in a good part of the decade(?). His fight with Alvarez was surgical and was a beauty to watch, the 2 battles with Maidana wasn't pretty and that second one was just worse for Maidana though Money did eat a few shots in the face that he probably hasn't experienced in a while. I was surprised to see his face a bit swollen after the fight.

I'd love to see Money or Pac fight Thurman or maybe Kell Brook. I think it'll be a more fun against Pac but if Money can go back to being precise like he did with Alvarez, that'll be a fight to see. Broner said he'd love a shot at Pac and I think that is a good fight too, might as close to a Money vs Pac fight we'll ever see.

I'd love to see GGG go down in weight and fight either one too, that'll be devastating fight but I am curious if GGG could bring his power if he goes to their weight. Some say he isn't ready or tested like Thurman but one or two more fight from each against decent opposition with startling wins gets them there. Though I'd like to see GGG go against Ward more but I am not even sure if Ward will box ever again. lol

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

4. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

it's like boxing is going through a transitional phase, but no one is good enough to indefinitely step up

none of the younger faces in the welterweight division make you believe he'll be the one to take over soon once Floyd retires

there's rumors of Amir-Guerrero. If the former wins that match and doesn't nearly die doing it, he'll probably be Floyd's next opponent
    Thurman or Brook would be great fights for Floyd. two young talented guys. Hopefully, there's enough time for them to step up, gain relevancy, and have the hype necessary to demand a Floyd fight

beating a young talented guy is like an investment. He can go on to do some good things (like Alvarez after Floyd beat him), which bolsters your standing down the road

I'll have to see Floyd against someone who is stylistically an easy fight for him before I can fully gauge his decline

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

This seems like a stretch. If they fight, it would be at the end of the year. Then, Amir would have to be turned around for a May fight.
    Possible? Yes.

But then Amir vs RG has to be announced ASAP.

6. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Oscar tweeted out Amir vs RG the other day as a feeler for fan demand

there's less to lose when they rush to make a low profile match

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

10. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

11. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

What a crap fight with Hopkins. Can't believe I stayed up to watch it, with that said Hopkins has a ATG chin but I think it's time for him to retire

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

It was horrible. Dude averaged around 10 punches a round. He needs to retire and just promote fights with Golden Boy....

16. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

17. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  19. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Didn't see the Pac vs Algieri fight(I was out most of the night.)

From what I read, Algieri just shuffled around the ring with his hands up not throwing punches the entire fight. Got knocked down 5-6 times. Didn't show any "fight" like he did i his previous win. He really let a lot of people down...not that they thought that he would win...but because they thought that he would fight.

20. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Pretty much what happened. I'd say maybe 2 or 3 of those knockdowns were questionable and more from him slipping over Manny legitimately knocking him down.