• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close to 40 lightweight scores one of the best victories. Best manny I seen since his Cotto-Clottey days

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WHERE ARE ALL OF THE "PAC IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME FANS!??"

Some people only thought that Pac was the P4P best because they hate on PBF!! That wasn't a dive...He got KOd the **** out!

This recent issue of Ring magazine has it right! They ranked the top 100 fighters(current) and have PB4 as #1 where he should be!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I'm a Manny fan, but honestly thought that he lost all three of the previous encounters. I find myself happy for Marquez. He deserved it.

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE "PAC IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME FANS!??"
Some people only thought that Pac was the P4P best because they hate on PBF!! That wasn't a dive...He got KOd the **** out!
This recent issue of Ring magazine has it right! They ranked the top 100 fighters(current) and have PB4 as #1 where he should be!
manny wants rematch. Juan has demanded they do Floyd Style Drug Testing if there is a rematch.:lol:

$40 mil wasn't enough to motivate manny beforehand. What about a chance to redeem his pride after being brutally knocked out in humiliating fashion?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Manila was a poor choice of venue for that speech :)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

manny wants rematch. Juan has demanded they do Floyd Style Drug Testing if there is a rematch.:lol:
$40 mil wasn't enough to motivate manny beforehand. What about a chance to redeem his pride after being brutally knocked out in humiliating fashion?

Arum is a fraud. He said the other day that a Pac vs Juan 5 would be a bigger fight than Manny vs PBF. Dude has lost it! PBF vs Manny..even now....is still the one that people want to see....Arum DOES NOT want to put Manuela in the ring vs PBF.

Manny is not a fighter anymore. He is a politician/singer/actor/boxer. He got KO'd by a fighter.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow...another Filipino got exposed. More focus and less "profiling!"

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow...another Filipino got exposed. More focus and less "profiling!"
good good upcoming weeks for boxing

We had Rigo last Saturday.

Trout this upcoming Saturday

Martinez the Saturday after next

Then Mayweather next next Saturday

Team Slick coming out in full force

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

good good upcoming weeks for boxing

We had Rigo last Saturday.

Trout this upcoming Saturday

Martinez the Saturday after next

Then Mayweather next next Saturday

Team Slick coming out in full force

Trout vs Canelo will be the best of that bunch IMO. That would have been a blockbuster night if it would have been on the PBF May 4 card as it was scheduled to be....

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

who do you think wins Trout Canelo?:eh:

Tough call. I am favoring Canelo just because of his power(though Trout has great defense.)...I think Canelo is going to get hit like he hasn't before and I can see him losing. Trout has to treat this(like his last fight) as the shining moment of his career. He may never get this chance again.....Just looking fwd to a great fight!

tullytra

Reaction score
The judge who went 118-109 should never be part of a fight again. The 116-111 spread seemed too much for me as well. Trout never seemed to have his legs all in order whether it was tangling with Canelo's or just having them way wide from lunging. It always looked like he was stumbling especially on the knockdown. If he doesn't twist his ankle there he doesn't go down. It was entertaining to watch the two styles clash. It's too bad that we pretty much knew the result after the 8th round scores were told.

On the undercard the Figueroa-Cotto fight seemed fishy to me. Figueroa was landing some good shots, but the way Cotto went down was odd. Figueroa caught him with a body shot in the corner, didn't look like Cotto was going down from it, but Figueroa didn't go in for another and Cotto went down after a delay. I know body shots for knockdowns aren't instantaneous, but Figueroa clearly could've thrown a couple more shots before Cotto fell.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads