• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't see more than 10 min of 24/7 leading up to this fight. A friend told me that Jr blew off training with Freddy Roach during the show. And I noticed that FR was not saying much in his corner during most of the fight. Appr round 8/9, he did say, you need a KO to win!

Freddy should FIRE him. He got his payday and he should move on. JC thought he was better than he was.

I don't know if I would take a rematch if I was SM!

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't see more than 10 min of 24/7 leading up to this fight. A friend told me that Jr blew off training with Freddy Roach during the show. And I noticed that FR was not saying much in his corner during most of the fight. Appr round 8/9, he did say, you need a KO to win!
Freddy should FIRE him. He got his payday and he should move on. JC thought he was better than he was.
I don't know if I would take a rematch if I was SM!
I hope a rematch doesn't happen.

Pretty Boy Floyd vs Sex Bomb Sergio in the first half of next year ftw

It looks like Marquez vs manny is official now. Hopefully, Juan can take his justice and rightfully get a decision win. I expect this fight to be a shittier version of their 3rd fight.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pretty Boy Floyd vs Sex Bomb Sergio in the first half of next year ftw
[COLOR=FF00AA]It looks like Marquez vs manny is official now. Hopefully, Juan can take his justice and rightfully get a decision win. I expect this fight to be a shittier version of their 3rd fight[/COLOR].

I will NOT buy that fight!! It's a joke....

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[COLOR=FF00AA]Pretty Boy Floyd vs Sex Bomb Sergio in the first half of next year ftw[/COLOR]
It looks like Marquez vs manny is official now. Hopefully, Juan can take his justice and rightfully get a decision win. I expect this fight to be a shittier version of their 3rd fight.

I was actually thinking Ward vs Sergio at a catch weight. But Ward probably won't want to come down in weight

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will NOT buy that fight!! It's a joke....
Same here.

It doesn't take much to figure out the Marquez and Bradley options happened so manny and arum can make money on rematch options. Luckily for bob, Mart-Chavez also had that eventful 12th round.

manny fights were cool until after Cotto. Then he got back on track with the Marquez fight although he waited a long time hoping to age and old Marquez out, but then that robbery happened. Bradley wasn't a bad opponent either.

Phrost

Reaction score
Let's be real here, Martinez would get beat by ward for peanuts

i'd like to see him fight alvarez or cotto at 154. He's earned himself a big payday

cotto vs alavarez would be a really good fight too. alvarez has real talent, but right now, I think cotto would beat alvarez in a tough fight.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let's be real here, Martinez would get beat by ward for peanuts
i'd like to see him fight alvarez or cotto at 154. He's earned himself a big payday
cotto vs alavarez would be a really good fight too. alvarez has real talent, but right now, I think cotto would beat alvarez in a tough fight.
I think Cotto vs Alvarez is what will happen next year during Cinco de Mayo.

Kind of leaves Sergio out in the rain

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think Cotto vs Alvarez is what will happen next year during Cinco de Mayo.
Kind of leaves Sergio out in the rain

now that would be a good fight!!!

Phrost

Reaction score
they're moving alvarez at a slow pace. seeing what happened to vargas when he was thrown in with tito, i don't really blame them.

regardless, cotto vs. alvarez would be a war. alvarez has fast, heavy hands and throws good combinations. cotto has a solid jab, good footwork, and can cut the ring off well.

i'm curious to see how alvarez's chin stands up to a legitimate puncher

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

they're moving alvarez at a slow pace. seeing what happened to vargas when he was thrown in with tito, i don't really blame them.
regardless, cotto vs. alvarez would be a war. alvarez has fast, heavy hands and throws good combinations. cotto has a solid jab, good footwork, and can cut the ring off well.

I'm curious to see how cotto reacts when he gets hit and starts having Marg flashbacks!!

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

good question. Knowing how good or bad his chin is, is a big deal for someone with his style

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

good question. Knowing how good or bad his chin is, is a big deal for someone with his style

Cotto has a lot of miles on him.....Alvarez is young and hungry!!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads