• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a JCC fan.
My fave 3 are: Pernell W, Macho and Hagler. Fluke that they are all southpaws.
JCC got a gift when he KO'd M Taylor with no time left on the clock(I have that fight on DVD.) Richard Steele needed to let him continue. JCC also got a give vs Pernell(also have that on DVD.)

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a JCC fan.
JCC got a gift when he KO'd M Taylor with no time left on the clock(I have that fight on DVD.) Richard Steele needed to let him continue. JCC also got a give vs Pernell(also have that on DVD.)

Sweet Pea and Hagler are also two of my favorites, and you're absolutely right about the gift that JCC got against Whitaker. Third favorite? Y'all musta forgot.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sweet Pea and Hagler are also two of my favorites, and you're absolutely right about the gift that JCC got against Whitaker. Third favorite? Y'all musta forgot.

I just like the swag that Macho brought to the game during his time. Dude was 79-6 and was NEVER ko'd. NEVER. That say something about the era that he was in.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a JCC fan.

Whitaker-Chavez is the best fight I ever saw in my life. They had to rob Pernell in the end though.

Do you happen to be left handed yourself?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. That was a great song.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright....who ducked who

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...ao-active-talks-fight-timothy-bradley-jr-june

"I've been talking to Floyd directly and I made a commitment to keep it out of the media, but with him saying all the things that he's been saying -- that Manny ducked the fight, that Manny is only a $10 million fighter, I am compelled to talk to the media and say what really happened," he said. "We had our deal with Arum. Both fighters were going to be guaranteed $50 million. Arum had agreed to that. The other thing was when Manny instructed me to reach out to Floyd, I informed Floyd at that time (about two months ago) that there were no more issues with blood testing. Manny agreed to everything, whenever anyone wanted, except on the day of the fight. Floyd said, 'Ok, that's great.' My discussions with Floyd were cordial, professional and during our discussions we both treated each other with the utmost respect. We didn't agree on a lot of things, but we were respectful. He has my number and he can call me any time and hopefully we can do this fight in November."

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ how so. (i haven't really read or followed any of the negotiations, so i really don't know).

my guess is we will never hear he true story.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ms Pac Man ducked.

Not really. Fight was proposed within a time frame that could not have worked for Pac. He's got another job you know, and he's not the one who needs to stack some cash to delay going broke before he goes inside for beating up a women.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not really. Fight was proposed within a time frame that could not have worked for Pac. He's got another job you know, and he's not the one who needs to stack some cash to delay going broke before he goes inside for beating up a women.

another job? you joking....
what? fugazy singer? councilman?? come on....he is a fighter!

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snitchiao was fine with May 5th when the potential opponent was supposed to be Marquez. He was no longer available for May 5th after Mayweather locked that date. snitchiao can go back to filing lawsuits against boxers he's unwilling to fight or retire off into politics.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not too thrilled for this upcoming fight on May 5th. snitchiao was too busy ducking, Martinez already has a fight lined up, and now we have to settle for Mayweather-Cotto.

Who else will he fight? Martinez is already fighting in March as you said so no one really.

And as for PAC fighting bradley, what a joke. He will get KO. I don't understand why people hype him up for.

I have a feeling pac and floyd will fight eachother and then both retire.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who else will he fight? Martinez is already fighting in March as you said so no one really.
And as for PAC fighting bradley, what a joke. He will get KO. I don't understand why people hype him up for.
I have a feeling pac and floyd will fight eachother and then both retire.

As a Mayweather fan I feel we're getting the bare minimum of what's acceptable with a Miguel Cotto fight. This Cotto is much better than the proposed Alvarez fight, but I'm not as excited for this as I was Mayweather's last 3 fights, this includes the Marquez one. I'll still be paying for this one though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics