• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that is the plan for Loma as he isn't fighting viable competition in his weight class, Mikey has since gone up and so he probably became a later option than now. I know he can move down but I think the two are eventually going to fight.

But moving up for Loma might need a tune up fight at 140 though but if he does well, it'll all lead to a Crawford match-up, assuming Crawford doesn't move up himself.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Bob Arum sees Loma as his potential new Pacquiao/future cash cow. So, I'd be surprised if he would take on a high risk like Mikey or Crawford anytime soon; which makes the Rigo fight a bit of a surprise. He probably still hates Rigo for ruining Donaire. I could see Loma eventually going to 140 and getting a fight against someone like Broner as a showcase fight to test out the higher weights

Crawford has hinted at moving to 147. With Pacquiao not fighting Horn, maybe a possible fight for Crawford to collect a belt at Welterweight, and then make a Pacquiao/Crawford fight

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crawford hasn't just hinted at 147, he's flat out doing it. He's already vacated one of the 140 belts.

He should take a couple of warm up fights at 147 then go after the big boys. I would still pick Spence or Thurman to beat him at this point but I wouldn't put anything past someone with the skills of Crawford.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crawford vs Thurman, yes please

I hope we get Spence vs Thurman first. For whatever reason people seem to be underrated Thurman, assuming Spence will wipe him out. I don't see it that way and see Thurman as still the number 1 welterweight, so I want to see 1 vs 2 first.

Crawford can build himself into 147 first by taking on some of the fringe guys first. Maybe a passing the torch fight with Pacquiao.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I think Mikey Garcia's best weight is 135-140, I don't want to see him do too much division-hopping. He's talking about fighting Cotto at 154 or something which sounds crazy to me - I mean I'm sure he could win but then he has to cut again or jump all over the place.

Mikey vs Lomachenko would be such a great fight.

I wonder when they're going to get Oscar Valdez to step up and take a real fight. Would they dare to put him in there with either Mikey or Loma?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think people underrate Thurman because the audience loves KOs and when he faced the best oppositions, those KOs stopped.

I agree though, Thurman rules the Welter right now and really has way more impressive resume (Porter and Garcia are arguably top 5 of the welters) than Spence. That would be a good fight though.

With that said, looking it up, it was reported earlier today that Crawford wants Thurman as his first fight at 147. If I were him, I'd request Jeff Horn first and take the belt away from that dude and then go against Thurman (maybe the winner between Thurman v Spence if it happens first).

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is that Thurman is quite inactive right now having just come off an injury and then randomly getting married in Nepal. Which is obviously not ducking anyone or anything, but it doesn't look great when the division is heating up like it is, to have the number 1 guy not having a fight booked.

The reality is Thurman is going to want a tune up fight before he takes on anyone good again, which sets us back quite significantly.

Crawford vs Horn would make so much sense because it's an easy route to a belt, but I think Horn is going to want the Pacquiao rematch because it makes so much money in Australia.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Pacquiao should just retire already, at this point Arum is just milking him and setting him up for his next big cash cow.

I have no problem waiting for Thurman v Crawford or Spence, he's recovering and still only 28 yrs old so he's got time. As long is it isn't dragged to a 5 year wait, we should be good. I hope we see one of those fights at the end of next year at least.

After a tune up fight, there should still be interesting fights for Crawford in the division outside of Thurman and Spence. After Horn, Garcia looks like a good fight for him. Mathysse and Vargas aren't too bad for him to test his power. Only one that I might not take is that Porter fight as that dude is just a bull that bullies you but if he can KO him or beat him convincingly, more power to Crawford. Brook if he can get back from those injuries would be a good test for Crawford too.

Hell I'd even like to see Crawford go against Khan as his first 147lbs fight if he can't get Horn, Khan should be desperate enough to take that fight and KOing his glass jaw would look real good in his resume right off the bat at 147.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with all of that. Khan is a good fighter IMO. He's a little stupid and a weird personality, but at 140-147 he's a pretty good fighter and I'd still have him around the fringe of the top 10 welterweights. I certainly think he beats Pacquiao or Horn.

I think Crawford vs Khan would be an excellent way for Terence to step into the welterweight division, and I think Khan would take it too as he probably needs a payday.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
especially after the upcoming divorce

dude was blaming Anthony Joshua too

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Man, all these matchups and potential matchups in the lighter weight divisions. Really a golden age right now.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn, Canelo already looks bigger than GGG at 160, dude will look so much bigger once he balloons up tomorrow night

and is it just me of does GGG not look too ripped and hit the scales right at 160?
445285D700000578-4889320-image-a-25_1505508112127.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who raises their kids like this?

I'm all for ****-talking, but getting your 6 year old kid to punch someone in the nuts? **** that. I'd pull out of the fight to spite him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads