• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two years of posting and my first "suit fit" thread

citizenshame

Reaction score
I've read the forums for a while now, but never managed to take pictures of what I wear to get some feedback on the fit of my suits.

Here's one for you. Before I say anything about its origins I'd like to get some unfiltered thoughts. I do need to wear my suits in a conservative environment, but that doesn't mean I want the fit to be devoid of all personality and style.

Opinions?

picture5wv.png

picture6bt.png

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
From what I can tell, the fit looks pretty good. However, you may want to post some pictures in better light (and location) for better feedback.

Ez

unbroken

Reaction score
jacket may be a tad short but over all looks like a nice fit. what kind of shoes do you have on?

citizenshame

Reaction score
hmm, not sure I remember what I was wearing there. I think those were my brown Alden wingtips.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell with raised arms, but decent fit at first glance. Looks like the usual bland high-cut-two-button-jacket-with-low-rise-trousers-and-narrow-lapel number.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Night Owl
looks a bit like a womans jacket

I think it's the length plus the flaring of the skirt, but the flaring could just be because of his arm being raised. Needs better light and more natural poses.

Tie knot is also too big for my taste, is that a full windsor?

citizenshame

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I think it's the length plus the flaring of the skirt, but the flaring could just be because of his arm being raised. Needs better light and more natural poses.

Tie knot is also too big for my taste, is that a full windsor?

The pictures were actually taken on different days. The one where I have my hand in my pocket is with a full windsor knot, the other is a half.

I believe the jacket is fanning a little bit as a result of my arm being raised to take the picture. I will try to take some more pics in a more relaxed pose so that the fit of the suit is better represented.

As for the lapels, they are just shy of 3". I thought this was in the conservative (or at least not too trendy) range.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by citizenshame
I believe the jacket is fanning a little bit as a result of my arm being raised to take the picture. I will try to take some more pics in a more relaxed pose so that the fit of the suit is better represented.

The skirt flaring when you raise your arm actually is indicative of the fit. A proper fitting coat should not do that, at least not that much.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need better pics to make a proper opinion.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has a nice curvature at the waist if you like that aspect. Of course, it could just be from you lifting your arm and thats how the cloth fell in that particular pose.

Take better pictures. Otherwise, looks pretty good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads