• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two-a-days

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fine...if you have high body fat just do it...

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to do two a days every summer. I would rather lift in the morning and run at night. You will notice declines in your strength at the gym if you are expending energy running and then doing heavy lifts later. Cardio wise it depends on how good of rest you get the night before.

Beta

Reaction score
i dont really consider splitting cardio and running "two a days" but if you have the time, go for it.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too late at night f's up my sleep schedule, so I don't. Usually lift, then aerobic workout depending on what I choose.

kdaust

Reaction score
Benefits... you're working out more than most of the population ever will.

Detractors(?)... prob a waste of time. As above, just lift heavy then do some high intensity cardio at the one session. Try to keep it under an hour if you can, as extended periods of weight training (crazy as it may seem) can be detrimental to muscle growth.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kdaust
Benefits... you're working out more than most of the population ever will.

Detractors(?)... prob a waste of time. As above, just lift heavy then do some high intensity cardio at the one session. Try to keep it under an hour if you can, as extended periods of weight training (crazy as it may seem) can be detrimental to muscle growth.

******* old stupid myths! Goddamn. They never end.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
******* old stupid myths! Goddamn. They never end.

Oh shut up! You never give any meaningful constructive advice and you always give your stupid condescending one-liners that no one finds amusing nor is impressed by. I bet in real life, your remaining friends shun you too.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Oh shut up! You never give any meaningful constructive advice and you always give your stupid condescending one-liners that no one finds amusing nor is impressed by. I bet in real life, your remaining friends shun you too.

+1. Though I seriously doubt there are any left "remaining."

lifersfc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kdaust
Benefits... you're working out more than most of the population ever will. Detractors(?)... prob a waste of time. As above, just lift heavy then do some high intensity cardio at the one session. Try to keep it under an hour if you can, as extended periods of weight training (crazy as it may seem) can be detrimental to muscle growth.
It's true. Cortisol levels get too high.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
+1. Though I seriously doubt there are any left "remaining."

I thought it was clear from day one that why is not here to make e-friends...

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My question is why isn't why banned yet. He's clearly only here to piss people off.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
My question is why isn't why banned yet. He's clearly only here to piss people off.

Considering that you put him on ignore (always a weak move IMO), why does it matter? For the record, I agree w/ many of his longer posts.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
I thought it was clear from day one that why is not here to make e-friends...

Yeah, but I guess deep down I'm an optimist and think that the "look at me, I think it's cool to act like an asshole" routine eventually wears off when he sees nobody is impressed. As well, he very well may have valuable contributions in some of his threads, but he's such a dick 99.999% of the time that I doubt anybody cares.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Considering that you put him on ignore (always a weak move IMO), why does it matter? For the record, I agree w/ many of his longer posts.
It matters because I still have to listen to everyone else bitching and moaning about his useless one-liners (95% of his output).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads