• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two 38 Ralph Lauren Black Label Suits - Take them both for $349 Shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am selling two Ralph Lauren Black Label suits. $349 for both including shipping CONUS.

First suit is black with "broken" pinstripes. Peak lapels. Working cuffs. Very good, like new condition. Except ... that I recently had it tailored to shorten the jacket by about an inch and, frankly, I wasn't happy with the result. I feel like this threw off the look of the jacket. You may not feel this way... but I think it should be reversible if you want to lengthen it again.

Second is a brown suit that I also purchased off eBay. General condition is okay, but it seems to have a sheen / shine in certain lights. And I cannot tell if this is intentional with the suit or is from being overworn by the previous owner. Standard cuffs. Could use a dry-cleaning of pressing.

After I purchased both suits and had them tailored to fit me, I decided that they just weren't appropriate for my conservative workplace. Also, I just feel like I just can't pull off RLBL: the cut, the colors, the waist tabs rather than belt loops, etc.. Now I know that I am a Polo guy... At least until I can afford Purple Label. :)

I am hesitant to provide measurements because you are going to have to have them tailored anyway. (Hence my low price for both suits.) But general measurements are: sleeve lengths about 23 or 24", length BOC 28-1/2 or 29". waist about 33". Inseam about 29". (Black suit has cuffs. Brown suit has no cuffs and no extra material to let out.)

Let me know if you have any questions or want me to email you additional photos. Owing to the tailoring that has already been done, I will accept returns for any reason.

Thanks, AHS

Attachments

• photo(32).JPG
    photo(32).JPG
    653.1 KB · Views: 4
  • photo(31).JPG
    photo(31).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • suit 2.jpg
    suit 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • suit 1.jpg
    suit 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shoulder and chest measurements on the jacket? Was this tailored from a 38R or 38S (tag size?)?

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest in these two suits. Shoulder on black is 17". Brown is 18-1/4. Chest on both are 38". Both suits are 38 R and I had them taken in a bit to try and fit my 38 S body! :embar:
AHS

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold pending payment,

Thanks, AHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads