1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Twissic Watches (ultra-thin watch) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Twissic, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Twissic

Twissic Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi everyone!

We are fairly new to Styleforum and we find this community very fascinating as people exchange ideas and knowledge about products in such in-depth and we have definitely learned a lot from reading them! It is with great honour for us to introduce our new watch brand, Twissic, to the community!

Who is Twissic?

Twissic, which stands for ‘Modern twist of classics’, is a brand with a vision to recreate the habit of wearing wristwatches by providing quality timepieces that are comfortable and lightweight.

Twissic high reg side view.jpg

Our Story

My name is Michelle, a watch designer working in a watch manufacturing family business in the last 5 years. Wristwatches are being replaced by smart devices extensively in recent years. Many have claimed that they don’t need a watch, and this is partly because wearing a watch is not comfortable.
    As a watchmaker, I hope to recreate the habit of wearing wristwatches so that the most traditional craftsmanship can be embraced and retained. With this in mind, I decided to create a watch so comfortable that people will enjoy wearing watches once again.

Twissic thumb.jpg Twissic drawings.jpg
    styleforum2.jpg

The Twissic Team

Along the design and development journey, it is with pleasure that I have partnered up with 2 good friends of mine, one being an architectural designer and the other an amateur dancer who both bought into my vision. With ballet and architecture as our design inspirations, we went on to develop an ultra-thin watch with the aim to create a classy, lightweight watch that is comfortable for everyday wear.

Why Ultra-thin?

Ultra-thin watches have always been a challenge to watchmakers due to the high level of precision required within the small amount of space. Our case is now 4.8mm thick with sapphire scratch-resistant crystal glass.

Twissic thumb3.jpg

Our features
    • Highest graded full grain leather from Italy - soft & durable leather straps.
    • Quick release spring bar mechanism - easily swap your straps into different colours to match your outfit of the day.
    • Swiss Ronda movement - up to 6 years’ battery life. (With my experience working in the watch industry, short battery lifetime has always been a problem for quartz watch users.)
    • Sapphire Crystal Glass - scratch resistance
    With above features, Twissic is a watch that is made to last for decades.

Twissic thin-SF.jpg

After over a year of research and development, we came up with prototypes and our production line is ready. Our project will be launching on Kickstarter soon, with more than 50% off future retail price for early backers. First 300 backers will get a limited founders' edition :)

We are offering an exclusive gift to Styleforum members by simply signing up here. Sign up now to stay tuned and share this with your friends and family who will like our watches and let’s make ultra-thin watches accessible to everyone and become an art piece to own again.

We look forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks,
    Michelle, Janelle & Clara
    Co-founders of Twissic

Web: https://www.twissic.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/twissic
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/twissic

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

2. Twissic

Calling out all Londoners – we will be in Spitalfields Market this weekend and on our launch day, so why not come say hi, try out our watches and get awesome offers on the spot?

3. Epicure

Epicure Senior Member

Hi Michelle,
    I'm liking what I see here. Could you please provide me with some further instruction on how to use the code? It's not clear to me where it should be entered.
    Thank you.

4. Twissic

Hi Epicure,
    Thanks for the kind word and sorry for causing the confusion. We have simplified the sign-up procedure for Styleforum members. Simply sign up here, then you will automatically be eligible for claiming the exclusive gift we offer to Styleforum members when backing us on Kickstarter;)
    Cheers!

5. GBR

GBR Distinguished Member

What research have you done that tells you that such thin watches are what it expects. Watches have steadily consumed steroids over the last twenty five years and people have become accustomed to them. If I look at my Omega Constellations, those which are thirty years scarce get used because the newer 'chunkier' ones feel much better.

It might look like exquisite jewellery but watches are a comparatively rare purchase for most and therefore as a start up you don't want to be trying to get the market to reinvent itself.

6. Mute

Mute Distinguished Member

The price point is decent and the watches have a nice classic style. Not bad. I wish you much success.

7. Twissic

Hi GBR,

Thank you for your feedback. We would also like to take this opportunity to explain why we decided to go with the idea of ultra-thin watches. It actually all started from personal preferences.

As mentioned above, our vision is to recreate the habit of wearing wristwatches. This vision came along because although smart devices are useful at times, it is not always appropriate to take your phone out to check the time and we want to help reconnect with the basics.

You are right that chunky watches are a big trend and would continue to be one. As a watchmaker myself, I see lots of different watches daily but I personally could not find one at an affordable price that I can wear comfortably and feel as though nothing is on my wrist. I have also seen lots of watches that are only of average quality but are marked up massively.

Before the start of our project, we gathered some feedback from friends and family around why do / don't they wear watches. Some common themes we got out of the conversations are 1) some watches are not comfortable due to its weight 2) watches always get caught in shirt cuffs 3) watches are scratched easily and hence they prefer not to wear a watch. Of course, amongst those conversations a lot of them still wear watches and are a big watch fan.

We then did further market research by performing a questionnaire online and results show that 70% of the people prefer thin watches. We understand that thin watches may not appeal to everyone but we hope through providing a lightweight and comfortable watch with honest pricing to the market could raise the awareness of wearing wristwatches again!

Thanks,
    Michelle

8. Twissic

Thanks a lot for your support Mute. We are launching this Sunday so please check us out! :)

Michelle

9. Twissic

Hi everyone!

I hope you are having a great weekend so far.

We are excited to announce that we have finally launched our Kickstarter project. Please find out more in the link below:
    Support us now on Kickstarter

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
    The Twissic Team

10. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

Got a bit Piaget look to it

11. Twissic

Hi all!

TWISSIC Snake_MultiColourStrap_GreyBG.jpg

I am very excited to share with you all that our Kickstarter campaign has been successfully funded within 12 hours! It would not have happened without your involvement! Feel free to check out our campaign & share it with your friends and family so they don't miss out on this amazing offer:)!

Thanks everyone in advance!

Best
    Michelle
    Co-founder of Twissic