• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twilight

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else sexcited to watch this movie?

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
I haven't read twilight myself but my daughter and her friends can't talk about anything but the release of this movie. I've been begged into buying over priced twilight t-shirts at Hot Topic.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
saw teenage girls in line for the midnite showing on thurs at 5:30 in the afternoon.....!!

we saw it today, it was really good. It ended up being better than I thought it'd be. The main chick (Kristen Stewart) is a real cutie and overall it was an engrossing story, and hooked me much more than HBO's Tru Blood, which was a huge disappointment. I havent read the books but I'm actually tempted to check them out now. I did a cheat and read a synopsis of each book so I know what happens in the story arc but I'm still eager to see the next 3 movie adaptations

mdisbell

Reaction score
I was suckered into seeing this movie. A friend of mine saw a glimpse of a trailer for it and thought it would be good since it was a new vampire movie. Three of us guys went to see it, expecting all the regular vampire stuff.

BOY WERE WE WRONG!!

I guess I should have paid attention to all the teenage girls in the audience. I began wondering what was going on when there was NO action going on in this movie. Also, every time the main character vampire guy spoke even one word, all the girls in the audience giggled and couldn't contain themselves!

Needless to say, I am not a teenager, nor a girl, and that is the exact audience this movie was written for. DO NOT GO SEE THIS MOVIE IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A TYPICAL VAMPIRE MOVIE!

I was so bored that I just surfed the internet and browsed through SF threads on my Treo while the movie was playing.

I guess I should have walked out when the vampire guy SPARKLED LIKE GOLD DUST when he stepped into the light and the lead female character said, "You're beautiful!"

HOW COULD I BE SO GULLIBLE TO GO SEE THIS MOVIE?! It has NO appeal to an adult whatsoever. There is ONE vampire bite scene, but the vampire bites the girl ON THE WRIST!! Come on!!

NO ACTION. NO VIOLENCE. NO GORE. NO TYPICAL VAMPIRE STUFF AT ALL!

Oh yeah, and they tried to throw in a sub-plot about American Indians that supposedly were wolves, but the leader of the American Indian tribe was IN A WHEELCHAIR! What kind of scary werewolf is that?!!! He managed to "intimidate" the enemy vampire clan by saying "I'M WATCHING YOU." OOOOOOOOH, that threat would have me shaking in my boots!

Needless to say, I HATED THIS MOVIE, but maybe if I was a teenage girl who read the book(s?) I would have enjoyed it. At least all the young girls in my audience did.

As soon as it was over, I marched right out to the manager and complained that the movie was totally misleading and she sympathized and gave us three passes to go back to see a different movie whenever we wanted.

THAT"S THE LAST TIME I AM LISTENING TO MY FRIEND'S MOVIE SELECTION!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My sister went to an advance screening, and then the midnight show on thursday night.

I really just don't get it. The main guy isn't even very good looking. Why are teen girls so obsessed with it?

zeni

Reaction score
My friend and I saw it cause we didn't know anything about it and thought it might be a cool vampire movie. Little did we know.. we were there 30 minutes before showtime and the theater was 1/2 filled with teen high school girls. It was a teen chick flick for sure and it was kinda **** when all the girls around us kept fawning and sighing every time Edward gazed off or delivered one of his hawt one liners like "you're like my own personal heroin." BUT, that said, the story did manage to pull me in and we ended up enjoying it more than we thought we would.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
twilightstewartbooty122if1.jpg
Who would not want to hit that? And as much as I like Edward, I'm all about Jacob. Now that the sequels are happening, I'm looking forward to seeing Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart try and back out of their contracts. These kids had no idea what they got themselves into.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7

Who would not want to hit that?

I definitely see your point...but, wanting to hit that and wanting to see what appears to be a dull movie are two different things.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got dragged to it. Some truly horrid lines but still managed to entertain me. I just finished the first book (they're about 500 pages each but have about 14 words per page so they go really quickly). Like the movie the book made me cringe at parts but still managed to entertain me. I'm saving the other three for upcoming flights...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart try and back out of their contracts. These kids had no idea what they got themselves into.

why would they want to back out of their contracts? seems like a once in a lifetime score for actors as green as they are.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you notice how they act in public appearances and what they say in interviews, apparently it's very bittersweet. Rob could care less what he says at press junkets even calling the series a manifestation of the author's sexual fantasties.
Both are very talented individuals, no doubt. It helps that K.S. has a cool butt too.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who would not want to hit that?

whoa....homegirl's got some junk in the trunk.

I could be convinced to see the movie now only if someone who's already seen it can promise me that she's in every scene, in her underwear, walking around backwards.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She's definitely come a long way from playing that diabetic girl in 'Panic Room'.

But you should definitely check it out. A lot of people who've been dragged to go watch it, actually ended up liking it. Hell, RedLantern up there just started reading the novels. Good stuff.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
whoa....homegirl's got some junk in the trunk.

I could be convinced to see the movie now only if someone who's already seen it can promise me that she's in every scene, in her underwear, walking around backwards.

Well said.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This movie is aimed at hormonally raging teenage girls, and you are surprised its a bad movie??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads