• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tweed w/ a T?

izlat

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I am not digging the look that I thought would be great: a rough tweed jacket with a wool or cashmere solid T

The problem for me is that the hand looks naked to my eye without a shirt cuff showing, and also this makes it look too long and the jacket sleeves too short, even though they are the correct length at just about the wrist ball bone

Any advice / opinions?
Thanks

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with a properly tailored jacket sleeve looking too short, but ive done the Tshirt with summer jackets but I roll up the sleeves of the jackets a bit.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In recent years I've come to dislike the jacket with t-shirt look. It just doesn't look right to me. I don't even like the jacket with polo shirt look. To me, a jacket needs a long sleeve shirt with a collar.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you have working button holes, you could turn up the sleeves with this look to good effect.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40