• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tweed suit in RL ad with upturned cuffs

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole suit looks slightly "off"; collar loose, high arm hole (due to padded shoulders?), lower button stance and slimmer lapel than the past season PL, and the jacket looks pretty short.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see guys turn back their cuffs and make it work. Not everyone can, though.

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
The whole suit looks slightly "off"; collar loose, high arm hole (due to padded shoulders?), lower button stance and slimmer lapel than the past season PL, and the jacket looks pretty short.
More OTR jackets need higher armholes. Not all of us have biceps the size of our thighs.

Gutman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by instep
A lot of self conscious pseudo-intellectual self-pleasuring going on this thread.

and your problem is? it's the outfit which is self conscious pseudo-intellectual and self-pleasuring

Originally Posted by emmanuel
Well dissected

ta - "dissection" connotes the unpleasantness of the exercise

Originally Posted by southbound35
My first look at it elicited a "Yuck" as well. Gutman hit on all the reasons why. I wouldn't turn up the jacket cuffs, but it does add visual interest to the pic. I also think the shirt is too busy for the bold patterned suit. I do like the tie, just not with that suit.

first impressions count

instep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gutman
and your problem is? it's the outfit which is self conscious pseudo-intellectual and self-pleasuring
Thou doth protest too much, no? I didn't single you out or anything. Says it all, really.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I think its a beautiful suit. I'd merely lower the waistcoat and use a different tie.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
The overall ensemble has a Jay Gatsby aura to it.

bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif

Gutman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by instep
Thou doth protest too much, no? I didn't single you out or anything.

Says it all, really.

i didn't think you had instep - i just chuckled cos a large chunk of SF is self conscious pseudo-intellectual and self-pleasuring. sort of goes with the territory here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads