• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TWEED MINI MEGATHREAD! c. 36 to 46. UNWORN Harris Tweed, 3/2 sacks, patch pockets, Corbin, more! OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of beautiful jackets and suits to pass on today, ranging from tweeds to Summer poplins--which, given the weather that we're having now, could all be appropriate Spring wear!

As always, ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING IN CONUS. International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.

Also as always, OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME ON EVERYTHING!

Let's start with the tweeds...

1) GORGEOUS 3/2 tweed sack with ALL of the trad desiderata!

SOLD

This is absolutely beautiful! Half-canvassed and half-lined, this is cut from a splended darkoat barleycorn tweed. It features the ever-desirable patch pockets, lapped seams down the center back and along the sleeves, a lovely single hooked center vent, and four button cuffs, featuring classic leather-covered football buttons. This jacket was also Made in the USA by Corbin--one of the most underrated American clothiers, in my view--and is in absolutely beautiful condition; this was worn very sparingly, if at all. It is, as I note above, a 3/2 sack, with a wonderful lapel roll and a very soft, natural shoulder.

This is a classic American tweed, and a steal at just $60, OR OFFER, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 20 1/4
Sleeve: 24 (+3)
Shoulder: 17 1/2
Length: 29

2) UNWORN Harris Tweed in Classic Herringbone!

SOLD

This is a wonderful jacket, in the classic Harris colourway of mid-brown herringbone with vertical striping--here, light sky blue and burnt orange, both very,l very subtly woven throughout the cloth. It is half-canvassed and half-lined, and has a single vent. This jacket appears to be unworn--it still has the vent sewn shut--and is in absolutely excellent condition, apart from one small flaw--a very, very small hole in the outer tweed on one arm. This is clearly not moth, nor a hanger snag--it appears simply to be a fault in the weave of the cloth. As such, I would ignore it, but should you wish to have it repaired this would be a very easy darn. (Reweaving would an extravagance!) This jacket is a contemporary two-button front jacket, with three button cuffs--all the buttons are the classic leather-covered football buttons that go so well with tweed. It was Made in the USA, and still has the original inspector's ticket in an interior pocket.

Owing to the weave fault, this jacket is a steal at merely $45, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 23
Sleeve: 24 1/2 (+2 1/2)
Shoulder: 19
Length: 30 1/4

3) UNWORN Harris Tweed in Classic Dark Brown and Peat Black Herringbone

SOLD

Cut from a beautiful herringbone Harris tweed in dark brown and peat black--a classic yet rare combination--this lovely jacket is half-canvassed and fully lined. It is also clearly unworn--the two front pockets are still basted shut, and it still has the original inspector's ticket in the inside pocket. This jacket is a contemporary two-button model with four button cuffs, and has a single center vent. It was Made in the USA, and is, of course, in absolutely superb condition.

Asking just $49, or offer, for this beautiful unworn tweed!

Tagged a 42R, this measures:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 25 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 19 1/4
Length: 30 3/4

\

4) UTTERLY MAD MEN HARRIS TWEED!

SOLD

This is wonderful--and I won't admit to how much I've tried this on hoping that it would fit me... But it's just a bit too small, alas. This jacket is utterly Mad Men... Dating from the 1960s, the Golden Era of Ivy League style, this beautiful jacket has just perfectly narrow lapels which curve elegantly into a wonderful 3/2 sack lapel roll. It also features classic two-button cuffs, and a wonderful 1960's Ivy colourway... a beautiful dark, moss green herringbone shot through very subtly with vertical striping in forest green a young chestnut. This is an absolutely fantastic jacket! It also features very soft, natural shoulders, half-canvassed and half-lining, and a center vent. It was Union Made in the USA. It does, however, have two minor flaws. First, the middle button needs to be re-stitched, so that it adheres more closely to the tweed. Second, it has a very, very small hole in the back, as shown. This is completely unnoticeable from the exterior--I only found it when I held the jacket up to the light and searched for holes from the inside. As such, it could either be ignored, or darned--or even rewoven if you're so inclined. Given this, I would rate this jacket as being iin overall Very Good condition, and hence

asking just $42 , or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/4
Sleeve: 25 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18
Length: 31 1/4

5) HEAVY HARRIS TWEED JACKET!

This is one serious serious Harris Tweed jacket! Cut from traditional heavyweight Harris tweed, you could wear this and dispense with a coat on all but the most frigid of days. Perfect for shooting grouse, stalking deer, watching rugby, or even playing rugby it's so tough, this is what you think of when you think Harris Tweed. Heavy, thick, masculine, and utterly wonderful. This jacket is almost certainly British, having a three button front and English single-button cuffs. All the buttons are, of course, leather-covered football buttons. It also is fully lined and has a single vent, and is quarter-canvassed. This jacket is a lovely, dark, dark, herringbone in brown, slate grey, and chestnut, and the herringbone itself is broad and bold of the sort that's quintessentially Harris or Donegal and now so rarely seen. This jacket does have some wear to the interior label on the sole inside pocket, as well as some wear to the front edge of the closure. There is also an easily repairable tear in the lining along the seam by the vent. Given this, this jacket is in Good/Very Good condition, and hence is a steal at just

$35, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/4
Sleeve: 24 1/2 (+1)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 29

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?