1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tweed jacket fit critique.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LTM, Sep 13, 2011.

1. LTM

LTM Well-Known Member

Thanks in advance SF,
    I have learnt a lot over the last year. I am now moving to tweak my jackets. I would appreciate your thoughts on the fit of these tweed jackets. I usually go for a 40s jacket with the sleeves at 24”.
    The first jacket is a Bookster Orkney tweed, 40s.
    The second is a JCrew Moon tweed 40r, sleeve shortened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

The bookster is wonderful. The Jcrew is Okay but I can see collar gap there.

3. Red Glasses

Red Glasses Senior member

[​IMG]

I think that looks kinda strange, no?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  4. LTM

LTM Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right Red, I wonder if it is accentuated by the SF 'robot pose' I tried to emulate? It is not apparent when I look at myself in the mirror or see my reflection when walking along. The waist is also slimmer by a cm or two than other jackets I have and I wonder if that contributes when the jacket is buttoned? Don't have any other photos I am afraid!