1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tweed blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Phil

Phil Senior member

I tend to agree with just about everything Alan posts, but that coat in question is not a classic, except in the cloth. Its so 80s that in fact, it was fashion forward for its time. Im having horrific flashbacks to my youth in Ozone Park Queens looking at that droopy sad looking gorge. If this forum were around back then, a fashion forward guy like LAguy would have loved it for its fashion forwardness, while you would have bemoaned it in the same way you would some silly trendy coat today.

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Thanks...I think. [​IMG]

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ah, this must be the sartorial equivalent of Moral Relativism. In any case, I'm not sure I agree, completely, with this contention, but neither am I am absolutist in these matters. I've always contended on the forum that fashions change, and that everybody is affected to some degree. To try to separate fashion and style creates a paradox that is the sartorial equivalent of Cartesian Dualism.

4. Phil

Phil Senior member

My point was that I dont think a kind of cloth necessarily puts a coat into a certain genre.  Yes, that is a harris tweedy looking thing.  In actually sitting at Borders right now and there is a guy who looks like hes 125 wearing something similar.  Its gotta be from BB or JPress with the details on it.  THAT coat is a classic.   The coat in question here has "classic" cloth, but has been cut and sewn into a proposterous 1980's suit coat, replete with the customary droopy gorge, etc.

and in 1984 some fashionista was wearing this coat we are talking about, much in the same way as someone is wearing a prada suit today. it was cutting edge for its time. if you look at a buick skylark, we all see a piece of shit. but in 1983 that thing was mint. same deal here.

5. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Drizzt -

That may be Corneliani, but it is one ugly-ass jacket nonetheless.

Sorry dude.

Bradford

6. j

j Senior member Admin

I just noticed, is that a line in the sand? Drawn with an Alden tassel loafer no doubt. [​IMG]

7. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I feel bad saying this, but damn I think that tweed blazer is horrrrrrible. Sorry dude.