• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TV Show Recommendation?

3cyr3

Reaction score
people seem to be talking about Game of Thrones a fair bit. Personally haven't seen it yet or read the books, but definitely on my to watch list once i have some time!

Also:
Community and 30 rock, which have just finished their seasons.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Breaking Bad is amazing I forgot to mention that I've seen a few of that one. Should really keep going.

Yes. Yes you should. The ending to the second-to-last episode of season three made me literally jump out of my seat and shout "HOLY ****!" And I was home alone.

I have seen one episode of Community, where they play a game of Dungeons and Dragons. Was pretty fuckin funny
My God, that was one of the funniest episodes of television I've ever seen.

Gene Parmesan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Yes. Yes you should. The ending to the second-to-last episode of season three made me literally jump out of my seat and shout "HOLY ****!" And I was home alone.

The day that episode was on TV, I'd just got my home cinema installed. 55" 1080p with surround sound (I'd spent most of my life with small TV's, so I just wasn't prepared).

The episode itself was pretty damn great, but from the moment the final scene began (with the tension-building music) I was blown away. Then, as it came to the very end, the surround sound system started roaring really loudly, but I couldn't quite place the sound...it sounds like, is that a...SMASH

Like you, I shouted "OH FUUCKKK" and my heart was racing for ages afterward.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan
The day that episode was on TV, I'd just got my home cinema installed. 55" 1080p with surround sound (I'd spent most of my life with small TV's, so I just wasn't prepared).

The episode itself was pretty damn great, but from the moment the final scene began (with the tension-building music) I was blown away. Then, as it came to the very end, the surround sound system started roaring really loudly, but I couldn't quite place the sound...it sounds like, is that a...SMASH

Like you, I shouted "OH FUUCKKK" and my heart was racing for ages afterward.

Actually, the day after that episode aired, I posted about my reaction, and several other guys said they did the exact same thing. My brother doesn't have cable, so he has to Netflix everything, and Season 3 hasn't come out quite yet. I told him about my reaction to that episode but didn't spoil it for him, and he's been dying to see it for nearly a year now. Poor bastard.

JLM84

Reaction score
Human Planet (BBC) -- if you like planet earth then you'll be obsessed with this.. Such good footage.. unbelievable. Seriously missing out if you don't watch at least one episode

Locked Up Abroad -- (National Geographic) -- Just like the title says, people get locked up abroad and return to tell their stories. Insane.

Repo Games / Cash Cab (I just like trivia..)

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple more thoughts:

Red Dwarf
Lexx (weird but good)
Cheers

Originally Posted by Rambo
Is that the episode where Walt has the "hit and run"?

Yes, but don't spoil it!

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoreman
First season was quite good. It fell off from there.

ted danson should have got an emmy for his scene in the third season....i think it was the third season...... in the back of the limo....

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For animated shows, I love Duckman, The Venture Brothers, and Invader Zim.

NeedMoney

Reaction score
Dexter (Seasons 1 & 2)
Weeds (Seasons 1&2)

The Wire (All seasons)

ShaunHWright

Reaction score
You should definitely watch Modern Family and see if you can track down seasons of Whose Line Is It Anyway. That show was the BOMB !

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we talking new or old TV shows?
eh.gif
(Not inclusive of old TV shows) What to watch (there are so many more that could fit in here, but are obvious): The Wire Treme Breaking Bad Misfits (U.K. based show) Boardwalk Empire The Pacific (a little underwhelming, but still should watch) Mad Men Wondershowzen (only when you're high) Arrested Development Dexter (a B+, for me. Worth a watch) This Is England '86 Harry Hill's TV Burp (U.K. based) Rome True Blood Peep Show 30 Rock Glenn Martin, DDS Community Avoid like the plague: The Office (U.S.) Battlestar Galactica How I Met Your Mother Off Centre Burn Notice Honourable Mentions: Modern Family Skins The I.T. Crowd (although, could be in the should watch)

ShaunHWright

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Are we talking new or old TV shows?
eh.gif

(Not inclusive of old TV shows) What to watch (there are so many more that could fit in here, but are obvious):

The Wire
Treme
Breaking Bad
Misfits (U.K. based show)
Boardwalk Empire
The Pacific (a little underwhelming, but still should watch)
Mad Men
Wondershowzen (only when you're high)
Arrested Development
Dexter (a B+, for me. Worth a watch)
This Is England '86
Harry Hill's TV Burp (U.K. based)
Rome
True Blood
Peep Show
30 Rock
Glenn Martin, DDS
Community

Avoid like the plague:

The Office (U.S.)
Battlestar Galactica
How I Met Your Mother
Off Centre
Burn Notice

Honourable Mentions:

Modern Family
Skins
The I.T. Crowd (although, could be in the should watch)

Awesome list !
worship.gif

And the I.T. Crowd shoud DEFINITELY be in the must watch list ! Hilarious stuff !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads