• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TV series with a satisfactory ending?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading the Kara Thrace/Starbuck thread, I got to thinking. What are some TV shows that had strong, satisfactory conclusions? Either planned or they just happened to end that way.

Two shows that I enjoyed a great deal, Lost and Battlestar Galactica, had (off and on) a great run, but really lackluster finales. I'm struggling to think of any shows that really ended well.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite series conclusion was Six Feet Under.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly not Quantum Leap.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never would have said it when I first watched the episode, but, in retrospect, The Sopranos.

Also, Rescue Me.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Shield

God I loved the shield. What an amazing show. Vick Mackey was such a badass.:slayer:

Absolutely. That was possibly one of the best TV series endings of all time.

If Sledgehammer had ended after season one that would have been the best.

Newhart's finale was pretty great too.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

John & Kate Plus 8

I didn't see that one. Did Kate get killed by meteorites and John murdered by a mechanical robot-ninja, only to have the children raised in an orphanage with no knowledge of their parents and go on to live unremarkable but satisfying lives? Because that would have been worth watching.

Last edited:

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the best ones have been named already (Six Feet Under, The Wire, The Shield).

It's been a while, but I remember Star Trek: The next generation having a decent ending.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

I didn't see that one. Did Kate get killed by meteorites and John murdered by a mechanical robot-ninja, only to have the children raised in an orphanage with no knowledge of their parents and go on to live unremarkable but satisfying lives? Because that would have been worth watching.

They got divorced and three of the kids died in a set lighting accident, and changing the name to "Kate plus 5" just made everyone sad. I actually have no idea. All I know is it ended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads