• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tuxedos in NYC

bcbg

Reaction score
Thoughts on where can I buy a massively discounted tuxedo in NYC? I have tried them on at Brooks Brothers and at J Press. American styles just don't work on me. I look like I'm wearing bags not tailored clothing.

For suits I tend to wear Isaia or even Boglioli. I'm not willing to spend 2-4k on a tuxedo, however, given how little I have occasion to wear one.

Ideas? I have until mid September to figure this out.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on where can I buy a massively discounted tuxedo in NYC? I have tried them on at Brooks Brothers and at J Press. American styles just don't work on me. I look like I'm wearing bags not tailored clothing.

For suits I tend to wear Isaia or even Boglioli. I'm not willing to spend 2-4k on a tuxedo, however, given how little I have occasion to wear one.

Ideas? I have until mid September to figure this out.
I don't know what massively discounted might mean to you, but I'd suggest going back to Brooks and trying a jacket in their Regent or Fitzgerald fit. Either of those should not look like bags unless you look like a rail. That's not to say that either would not need some alterations, but they're not baggy jackets.

I imagine there are quite a few other places in NYC to obtain discount stuff, but I wouldn't know.

You can get new tuxedos pretty cheap on eBay. Just do a search. Or you could buy one at Jos. A Bank and get, like, seven more suits for free.

You will, however, get what you pay for. Having said that, it is possible to pick up very decent used tuxes on eBay for very little money.

bcbg

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try on those lines. Appreciate this. Alas I'm not rail thin. Nor heavy for my age I suppose.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can try Century 21 every week. A little while back they were selling Brioni tuxedos for under $1000. No guarantees that something you like will show up, however.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just sent a customer to rothman's on 18th and park ave south
he was happy
they have an assortment of brands

alpl

Reaction score
J.Press has theirs on sale this week for $500

http://www.jpressonline.com/tuxedos/

Realize you don't like the fit of their clothing, but curious to know if anyone else has thoughts on the quality/silhouette of their tuxedos?

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami