• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tuxedo Comparison

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been looking into purchasing a tuxedo of late and was heading towards the CT offering at 50% off until it got rather a nast review on this board. I've also been looking at the JAB signature tuxedo at $599 on their website and was wondering if anybody can give me a comparison of the two garments. Which do you think is the better buy?

Also, for anyone who owns the JAB tux, how high is the rise on the pants? Are they cut like regular suit pants or with a higher waist?

Regards,

Alexander Scriabin

Mentos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Scriabin
Hello all,

I've been looking into purchasing a tuxedo of late and was heading towards the CT offering at 50% off until it got rather a nast review on this board. I've also been looking at the JAB signature tuxedo at $599 on their website and was wondering if anybody can give me a comparison of the two garments. Which do you think is the better buy?

Also, for anyone who owns the JAB tux, how high is the rise on the pants? Are they cut like regular suit pants or with a higher waist?

Regards,

Alexander Scriabin

Oh, my review wasn't *nasty*... I was just disappointed, considering the near $500 price tag.

I'm now thinking about trying Baron Boutique for this. They offer a tuxedo at about $250. You have to self-measure, but I'm thinking that it could be worth a toss. It would be my first purchase from them, but even if I need some alterations once I get it, it would still be cheaper than the CT, and hopefully better fitting and of better cloth, if not construction.

Eager to hear more about the JAB, however.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 272 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40