1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tuxedo and Pocket Square to match Prom Date

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Will Carothers, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Will Carothers

Will Carothers Member

I would like a plain white pocket square, but i like the idea of a white one with a gold border. Also I was thinking that suspenders might be a cool addition, any thoughts?
    PS what type of bow tie would you suggest, the only type I'm familiar with are the batwing and butterfly

2. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

No on the braces for a rental suit. First of all, the rental won't have bracer buttons, which means you would need to use clip ons. That's a no no. Second, bracers are a practical item, and they should be treated like underwear--no one should see that you are wearing them. They are used to keep your pants hanging correctly, not to be a flashy accessory.

3. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Braces just keep your pants up. But clip-on braces are better than a belt. The clips will be covered by the cummerbund anyway.

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I'd avoid adding braces to a rental tuxedo, especially since they'll be clip-ons. Braces are great but wait until you finish growing and have the opportunity to own your own tuxedo. Just make sure your pants fit properly. I hope your tuxedo does not have belt loops, but if it does, do not under any circumstances wear a belt. The cummerbund can cover the belt loops anyways. As for bow ties, it's entirely personal taste in my book. I have a batwing bowtie that I love, though I find butterfly bowties are easier to tie. I prefer flat ends to diamond points on the end for both types of bow tie.

5. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

The bottom (pun intended) line is that your pants need to stay up. Braces or clip-on braces or belt is totally irrelevant for your rental tux as either your cummerbund or vest will cover it up.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013