Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

tuxedo advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by frank r, Jan 19, 2013.

1. frank r

frank r Member

Hey guys. I'm obviously brand new, but I've been reading through a ton of threads over the past month or so. I'm getting married in March and have been looking to buy a tuxedo. Haven't had much luck yet. I'm on a budget. $500 is probably going to be my max. I've read a few things about Jos A Bank being a decent cheap way to go, but that it's big and boxy. I want something that fits. Would Suitsupply be a good place to try? I tried on a Hugo Boss shawl that fit great, but I just can't do it at that price. I had purchased a Tommy Hilfiger shawl collar, but it's too large and they don't have a smaller size. And I don't really like their peak, because the entire collar is satin--upper and lower. Any advice on these or any other places to try would be much appreciated.

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Depending on the fit, you can have the Joseph a bank one tailored. The suit supply tuxedo is nice, but I recommend getting a tailor to close the vents.

Make sure you have some money for the rest: shirt, shoes, waist covering, suspenders and bow tie.

3. frank r

frank r Member

I'm all set on the details,, though I may be buying a different tie, depending on whether or not it matches the lapel on whatever tux I end up with. I will certainly being having the tux tailored, but I figured the closer I could come to a nice fit, the better.

4. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member