Tux shirt question (x-posted from men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, May 10, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Senior member

I wanted your opinions on this because I feel that more here are part of my demographic, and less into completely trad. for formal wear. I need to find a shirt to go with a tux for my senior (college) class formal. I want something slim, and without a bib front. I saw a shirt at Thomas Pink that I think might work, but might not. It's white, with satin white stripes, double cuff. Is it too busy? Don't worry about the button front, as I will be wearing a long black formal tie. If I got it, I might also have stud holes made down the road. Anyways, here is a pic, if you young, hip folks want to weigh in on this:

http://www.thomaspink.co.uk/images/l...2100370W1W.jpg

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I like it much more than most tux shirts. Good choice.. although I know Thomas Pink shirts don't stand the test of time. If you're only wearing it a few times, you're good to go.

3. Max

Max Senior member

Go for it.

4. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Those sleeves are incredibly short.

5. DGP

DGP Senior member

Unfortunately, I guess I'm too late, not a single one of their stores still has my size in that shirt [​IMG]. I spent all yesterday afternoon trying to track one down. I guess I'll try again tomorrow, and hope for a return. They have another white shirt that has a tiny herringbone texture on it, but I just didn't like that as much for a formal as the stripes.