1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tux rental in Philly?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by leftover_salmon, Jan 9, 2008.

1. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior Member

I don't need to buy one, just rent. Can anyone recommend a good place to get it from -- I don't mind spending a few extra bucks to look better. Is it even possible to look good in a rented tux?

2. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior Member

3. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior Member

I'm a short, though.

Anyone?

4. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

There are couple of rental places around 12th and Walnut. I really don't know anything about them.

Have you tried Syms? They often have decent tuxes for cheap.

5. Dedalus

Dedalus Distinguished Member

I think Sophisticated Seconds (20th and Sansom) is worth checking out before you rent a tux. It's a consignment store. I've seen Canali, Zegna, etc. suits there for cheaper than the cost of renting a tux. They had a few tuxes as well. I've heard that you can bargain with the lady, but I haven't tried it.

6. Despos

Despos Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Ventresca's, I think they are in Doylestown, Not sure. I think they even make there own rental tuxedos rather than than use the big cheap brands.
    Ask for Len Ventresca

7. horndog

horndog Distinguished Member

Bumping this from the dead because I've failed to convince my other groomsmen that we should buy our tuxes for my friends wedding in December in Philly. Buncha utilitarian engineering types...

I'm looking for the nicest rental options but from what I can tell it's either: garbage or buy. Any Philadelphia area options that are a notch above?