1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tux help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zeiss, Mar 24, 2006.

1. zeiss

zeiss New Member

I have a family event coming up. It's a formal event so I need some tux ideas. My date is wearing a yellow dress and I was thinking that I should wear something to make us match a little. I only have the regular black and white. I was thinking maybe a yellow tie with a small yellow handkerchief on a black tux, black vest with white shirt. Sorry, I don't know the tux/suit terms. If anyone has ideas, please help me out.

2. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

You can use colour in the waistcoat/cummerbund, bow tie/pocket square, or boutonniere. The two former options are almost always done tackily, and not recommended. Go the classic route, and put a yellow flower in your lapel.

3. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Senior member

If you do anything more than whoopee's flower suggestion, you may as well go "all the way" for a ruffled-front yellow shirt and notch lapels on the dinner suit's jacket. Less really is more. Don't be too cute.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

A ruffled shirt is actually not as hideous a mistake as a notch lapel.

Charvet even does colored ruffled formal shirts.

Are you fond of quality German glass?