• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turtleneck knitwear recommendations

nubirth

Reaction score
I'm looking for turtleneck/rollneck knitwear. Light weight knit for summer and thicker for winter that I can wear dress casual with sport coats and blazers. My sweet spot is $100 to $300. Thank you for any recommended brands.

Last edited:

Goofy

Reaction score
Suitsupply. Available in merino wool or cashmere. Many colors available. Give or take $100. Not to think. Great for layering.

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
My eyes are on the baby cashmere one from Cavour, affiliated sponsor here. In their official post, someone said the quality is on par to Loro Piana and Brunello Cucinelli.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy my cashmere sweaters from Gobi on sale and Altea Milano. It’s unbelievably soft 2 years later for the price.

nubirth

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna look at Suit Supply first.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luca Faloni is quite nice for mid-thickness cashmere. Should be under $300.

John Smedley is the best for fine gauge merino. Can be had for under $200 sometimes.

William Lockie lambswool is also an option on this price range and will get you a thicker knit.

Andrew Calascione

Reaction score
I'm looking for turtleneck/rollneck knitwear. Light weight knit for summer and thicker for winter that I can wear dress casual with sport coats and blazers. My sweet spot is $100 to $300. Thank you for any recommended brands.

Son of a Tailor. The fit is second to none because, like their shirts, they make them completely custom to order based on your measurements. I started ordering t-shirts from the company a few years ago and have always been impressed by the quality, fit, and commitment to ethical and sustainable practices. I believe they started making turtlenecks/rollnecks last year. I only recently ordered some and regret not having ordered them sooner.

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
Along with the other greats answers from other posters (I’d second Cavour), I’d recommend you check out the brands Drumhor (can be had for under $300 on sites like www.italist.com), and Gran Sasso. Both make incredible knitwear and can often be found in your sweet spot. I particularly like the Gran Sasso vintage line, though i am not sure if they make turtlenecks.

Best of luck

steve wray

Reaction score
Last 5 or 6 John Smedley sweaters I purchased have developed holes after being hardly worn.
So as much as I like the styles they produce I don’t intend buying the brand again, it’s usually the sea island cotton,the old wool versions lasted forever.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you willing to spend less?

Closer to 300

GL

sensuki

Reaction score
Iolo Korea

I have a couple of their previous season merino wool turtlenecks and the recent season Supima cotton (cashmere available as well). They also have a mainstay mock neck line that fits a bit slimmer than the turtleneck does, I had to size up in that.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iolo Korea

I have a couple of their previous season merino wool turtlenecks and the recent season Supima cotton (cashmere available as well). They also have a mainstay mock neck line that fits a bit slimmer than the turtleneck does, I had to size up in that.
Nice sweaters

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads