• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turning off your Cell Phone and PC for a week

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
People still use pagers?

Damn. . .

Yes, the pager networks are far more established than cell networks, thus pagers are considered a bit more reliable in emergency comms.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
is yours really ugly and you feel ashamed to have to wear it so you try to hide it in some bespoke alligator cover from april in paris, yet it doesnt matter, becuase no matter where you place, what you cover it in, its still gonna **** up the drape of your suit

I have gotten into arguments with dept store salesmen about this kind of thing before. They always say "take off your pager so we can see if this jacket will fit properly".

"I have to wear my pager every day, the jacket will be worn over it, thus, we need to find a way to hide it".

"well sir, I recommend not wearing a pager or cellphone on your belt, it ruins the drape of the suit".

"can you provide the service I am asking for?"

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't understand your reply. Sorry.

I only wear bespoke.

You can... buy suits? And they're ready right away?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand your reply. Sorry.

I only wear bespoke.

You can... buy suits? And they're ready right away?

That is what poor people like me have to do. One day I hope I hit the level where I have $200k/year fallback jobs ready to go, but for now, I'm stuck being poor and buying mass produced suits, mass produced pizza, and mass produced booze.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
That is what poor people like me have to do. One day I hope I hit the level where I have $200k/year fallback jobs ready to go, but for now, I'm stuck being poor and buying mass produced suits, mass produced pizza, and mass produced booze.

laugh.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse

im sorry. so sorry...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The best thing to turn off is the pager. It's like those ******* eyes in the current Gieco commercials. I sleep with the damn thing on the night stand every night of the year, except when I'm on vacation.

laugh.gif

But I shouldn't be laughing. Same deal for me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
is yours really ugly and you feel ashamed to have to wear it so you try to hide it in some bespoke alligator cover from april in paris, yet it doesnt matter, becuase no matter where you place, what you cover it in, its still gonna **** up the drape of your suit

My pager is pretty tiny, just a numeric display, and I keep it in a pocket. I would never be ashamed of my pager though. Displaying that I am a useful member of society with large amounts of responsibility is no reason to ever be ashamed.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My pager is pretty tiny, just a numeric display, and I keep it in a pocket. I would never be ashamed of my pager though. Displaying that I am a useful member of society with large amounts of responsibility is no reason to ever be ashamed.

Drug dealer huh. Good for you, its a growth sector.

Last time I was without a computer or cell phone for a week or more, I was in Jail.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Drug dealer huh. Good for you, its a growth sector.
Word. Me and Weebay and Stringer.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How many g-packs?

Some say a drug dealers destiny is reachin the ki,
I'd rather be the man behind the door, supplying the streets.
A hundred birds go out, looking like textbooks
when they wrapped and stuffed,
four days later straight cash, two million bucks -
strictly powder, no cut.
Your coke is vialed in, whats up?
Y'all beefin over little ****, we sniff, the balance split up
In a plane or a penthouse, office or a warehouse
Pio's got it nice, we never heard of any big droughts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads