1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Turnbull & Asser

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PCabrelli, Nov 4, 2008.

1. PCabrelli

PCabrelli Senior member

I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for this brand. they are so swish! anyone have a favourite item?

I dare you to name a better menswear brand around at the moment! bring it on....

Paolo
    -------
    http://gentrystyle.com

2. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for this brand. they are so swish! anyone have a favourite item? I dare you to name a better menswear brand around at the moment! bring it on.... Paolo ------- http://gentrystyle.com
    E r i c G l e n n i e!

3. CBDB

CBDB Senior member

Swish?

I loved my T&A shirts until you said they were swish. Now I'm going to have to switch to a flannel lumberjack shirt to look more butch.[​IMG]

4. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

The made-4-Neiman dress shirts are cut generously enough to serve as a schoolbus cover [​IMG]

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've only browsed the Turnbull store in NYC once. I was looking specifically for ties to give as gifts, though, so I didn't really pay much attention to anything else. The ties were not to my taste.

6. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior member

^ I agree with you about the ties, my sister gave me one as a gift earlier this year ...it was not particularly beautifully made [either] when compared with brands like Vuitton, Chanel, Hermès, etc.

7. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

^ I agree with you about the ties, my sister gave me one as a gift earlier this year ...it was not particularly beautifully made [either] when compared with brands like Vuitton, Chanel, Hermès, etc.

I could understand if you said Hermes and would chalk it up to the choice between english v. parisian tastes. To compare T&A to the other two in there is ... ... crazy talk.

8. mmhollis

mmhollis Senior member

9. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

Wasn't a swish in the '40s to '60s a derogatory term for gay?

10. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

11. tlmusic

tlmusic Senior member

Turnbull and Asser make a very high quality shirt. I have few that I like. The "made for Neiman Marcus" shirts I bought a few years ago are cut the same as the ones I have purchased from the London store--maybe they have changed the fit recently. The London store has been very efficient and courteous about sending items to me here in the States. My last encounter with the New York store was quite different: I called them during the Summer sale and said I wanted to buy some shirts. Their operator told me the sales associates were all too busy to come to the phone. She said someone would call me back. After phoning them two more times later that week, and getting the same response, I determined I must not qualify to be a customer of the New York store. They never did return my call. [​IMG]

12. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

T&A tends to use tasty fabric patterns (fair bit different from Italian stuff) and of high quality.

13. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

14. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Im a customer. Love there shirt collars and there button down collars rival some of the best. Although there cutomer service is spotty at best when it comes to orders.

15. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

The article you linked to was deleted in 2006!

Add a closing ) to the url.

16. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

17. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior member

I could understand if you said Hermes and would chalk it up to the choice between english v. parisian tastes. To compare T&A to the other two in there is ... ... crazy talk.
    Hmm, well I don't own a Chanel tie but I do own a couple of LV ones ...and I think they are very fine quality. I know LV and Chanel are like the Starbucks and McDonald's of the Luxury world but their quality is very good.

18. pause63

pause63 Active Member

theres also a store in los angeles.