• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turnbull & Asser Shirts on eBay - Mostly 14 1/2

Rolo

Reaction score
A seller has posted a number of 14 1/2 T&A shirts. They're supposed to be from a movie production. I bought one from this seller last week and it didn't look as if it had ever been worn. When I last looked there was also one 15 and one 15 1/2.

The BIN is $59 for the blue shirts and $69 for the white ones. A number of them are Sea Island Quality (there were a bunch more until a few minutes ago
tounge.gif
).

I have no affiliation with the seller.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
A seller has posted a number of 14 1/2 T&A shirts. They're supposed to be from a movie production. I bought one from this seller last week and it didn't look as if it had ever been worn. When I last looked there was also one 15 and one 15 1/2.

The BIN is $59 for the blue shirts and $69 for the white ones. A number of them are Sea Island Quality (there were a bunch more until a few minutes ago
tounge.gif
).

I have no affiliation with the seller.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

I've bought from them before, they're okay if a bit slow. Do watch out for alterations to the tagged size.

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
I've bought from them before, they're okay if a bit slow. Do watch out for alterations to the tagged size.

I may have been lucky on my first shirt. I received it 2 days after the end of the auction.

They do post measurements for the shirts and there can be a great deal of variation on shirts if the same size.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or are their men's shirts on female mannequins?
9064041607_(1).jpg

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or a mannequin with "man boobs". Man that's a small neck size, I'm not even a big guy and I haven't had a 14.5" neck I think since 8th grade.

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
Man that's a small neck size, I'm not even a big guy and I haven't had a 14.5" neck I think since 8th grade.

Hence my excitement at finding a cache of shirts in an increasingly difficult to find size. Many stores don't even stock 14 1/2 any more.

Pencilnecks of the world unite!! (The rest of you should go out and run a few laps
smile.gif
)

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
Is it me, or are their men's shirts on female mannequins?

9064041607_(1).jpg

It's actually a mold of my body (pre-surgery, of course).

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I'm a 14 1/2. You think the collars are semi-spread? I can't tell from those unhelpful photos.

I wonder if they'll do local pick up...

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
Thanks for this. I'm a 14 1/2. You think the collars are semi-spread? I can't tell from those unhelpful photos.
The first one I received was semi-spread. I haven't received the other 4 yet. They'll probably arrive tomorrow, but I'll be out of the office until next Monday so I won't be able to check. This is a pretty good representation of the collar.
TA087.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads