• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turnbull & Asser Men's Smoking Jacket Black Velvet Shawl Collar & Frog Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavana01123

Reaction score
I bought this Smoking Jacket while living in London at Turnbull & Asser on Jermyn St., St. James, London.

Never worn – I’ve tried it on many, many times, but have never actually worn it. I paid north of $1,700 $ to £ plus VAT. I had them make this for me while I was having several dress shirts and a sport coat made for me. All of the measurements are in the photos, but I would call this a regular size 42 or a slim 44.

I have plenty more photos if you want or need them.

It is as beautiful as it looks.

I've priced it to reflect the absence of an eBay commission here on styleforum.

This is what I've posted on eBay...

Hi eBay’ers.

I’m doing a major, and I do mean MAJOR closet clean out. With the exception of a few items from my daughter’s closet, ALL of these items are; mine, selected, paid for and worn by me. I enjoy clothes, from many different designers/brands and take great care of them. I use eBay’s Condition Chart to calibrate and indicate to you the actual condition YOU will find the garment in when you open the package. I have taken these photos in my makeshift photography studio (read, kitchen table with a dangling white sheet for a drop cloth ;-) I have been eBay’ing for a while now and I know that not all eBay’ers are created equally, so I endeavor to describe every material detail I can, so that you will have no unpleasant surprises.

Condition: New without Tags

Ebay's Condition Chart:
•New With Tags or New Without Tags: never washed or worn; no flaws.
•Like New: Appears new, no signs of wear; washed and possibly worn; no flaws.
•Excellent: Previously worn, with only very slight wash wear; no flaws.
•Very Good: Previously worn with moderate wash wear/fade, but no visible flaws.
•Good: Previously worn with minor visible flaw(s), and/or significant wash wear/fade.
•Fair: Previously worn with significant visible flaw(s), and/or heavy wash wear/fade.
•Poor: Not wearable, has severe flaws/damage, but with desirable useable element(s).

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS. All pertinent details are shown in the pictures; please look closely at the measurements and colors and patterns.

Returns are NOT accepted.

Be sure before you buy.

Please notice my eBay rating. It is as it is for a reason ;-)

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 180
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 126
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 121
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 164
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 144
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 183

ab-fabulous

Reaction score
I am interested in knowing more about he availability of this jacket. Thank You, k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics