1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Turnbull & Asser -- Made in Italy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, Jan 25, 2005.

1. kabert

kabert Senior member

I just received a T&A Sea Island shirt that I bought on Ebay. The label is different from the usual label -- it looks like the label I've seen before for bespoke T&A. However, there's a separate label that has 17/43 and "Made in Italy." My other 3 T&A shirts all say "Made in England." It's not fake I don't think, as the fabric is superfine, the buttons MOP, it's got the gusset hexagons, etc. It all adds up except for the Made in Italy part. Anyone know about this?

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

The New York T&A store carried a line of Lorenzini-made shirts for a while, ending a year or two ago. Better-made than the ones made in Britain, if you ask me, but they look like Lorenzini shirts, not T&A shirts.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

This is correct; as well they featured fused collars and cuffs. Very anti-T&A if you ask me...

An Italian T&A.

For Shame.

Jon.