Turnbull and asser

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

What is everyone's experience with Turnbull and Asser shirts? I saw a couple at the Neiman Marcus in San Francisco that caught my eye; particularly the bold striped ones with white contrast collars. Are they cut full or slimmer? I am used to Thomas Pink shirts, but I want to move up so to speak, so if anyone could compare the cut of Pink shirts with Turnbull and Asser, that would be great. I know Turnbull's are definetely better in quality, as I don't think they use double needle stitching and plastic buttons like Pink shirts do.

My other question involves Barcelino. I was curious to get everyone's opinion on this place.

Thanks

2. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Turnbull and Asser is definitely a step up in quality from Pink, although it wouldn't rank with the super high-end names. For instance, the shirts are machine made and the tailoring is double needle (I read this somewhere, so I don't know how to tell for sure). Turnbull also cuts on the full side, so if you want a more flattering cut with the loud patterns, you may want to look at Paul Smith and Etro, though I don't know how the quality compares and they will be hard to find deals on because of the whole bold stripe craze.

However, I still like Turnbull a lot, because of its great fabrics and distinctively bold, yet tasteful patterns. One of my favorite shirts is a bold Turnbull striped number I picked up used off ebay, and though it's unfortunately cut way too full for me, I still get a lot of compliments every time I do wear it because the pattern is so vividly colorful without being over the top. So in that regard Turnbull is one of my favorite brands.