• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turist opinions

CBDB

Reaction score
Does any one have any feedback on Turist clothing? I'm particularily interested in an olive green belt-less overcoat. Feedback is appreciated.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBDB
Does any one have any feedback on Turist clothing?

I think most tourist dress like crap
rimshot.gif

CBDB

Reaction score
That is soooo untrue.
laugh.gif

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since no one is being helpful, I thought I should volunteer some information about Tourist. I'm familiar with the brand strictly through a former New York City importer. The designs are usually pretty modern and quirky--closely approximating a fashion brand, but with more traditional tailoring details and materials. I know that Neiman Marcus is a current stockist, and prices start around $600-1000. Quality is so-so, you can definitely do worse, but again, I wouldn't get too excited buying at retail.

Hope this helps,
nct

CBDB

Reaction score
Much obliged. Is this the same brand as Turist? Thats what the tag says in red cursive script. Retail prices seem right though.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBDB
Much obliged. Is this the same brand as Turist? Thats what the tag says in red cursive script. Retail prices seem right though.

Yes, the store in town carries examples of the work and I find it a bit trendy. The slanted pockets and all the velvet trim are upsetting and cheapen the garments. The stuff is placed near the jeans and the Etro. So I wouldn't waste your hard-earned money on it for work clothes. Maybe for fun, but then it'll probably get screwed up in a bar, or someone will hone in on you in your overly fancy duds and mar them with the cherry of a cigarette when you least expect it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads