• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tucking jeans into boots

herzzreh

Reaction score
I have pretty chunku, big, fat, very-bad-weather boots.

It seems like a good idea to tuck jeans into those (neatly, not nearly, scrunched in, whatever) when it's really ****** and snowy outside.

What's the general consensus on this?

These are the bastards in question: http://www.folkclothing.com/acatalog..._1_Brandy.html

No, I did not pay this much for them!

Eagle

Reaction score
While your logic is sound, visualizing the result is mildly distressing. However it could save your trouser cuffs from avoidable soiling!
fight[1].gif

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
I have pretty chunku, big, fat, very-bad-weather boots.

It seems like a good idea to tuck jeans into those (neatly, not nearly, scrunched in, whatever) when it's really ****** and snowy outside.

What's the general consensus on this?

I tuck or cuff, but I think tucking works the best since cuffing means the cold air/snow is just going to slip inbetween the boot and cuff. When it's really snowy out I throw "fashion" out the window and bundle up, and that includes tucking my pants into big snow boots.

pharrow59

Reaction score
when there's a foot of snow on the ground, i'm tucking that sh*t in. i couldn't care less what i look like as long as i don't have snow in my boots.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, do it. Walk around with the boot tuck for a day, see how you like it. etc. You'll know by the end of the day if it worked or not, for you. I think this 'bad weather' mention is just an excuse, because you know that deep down inside, you consciously want to rock it.

As far as being short and not being able to work it into a look, I find it really depends on the proportions of each piece.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
Regret? i think he can pull the jeans out if he doesnt like the look

my two cents, if you are short (like me) tucking boots into your pants makes you look like a midget

Does 5'11" qualify as short?

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Eh, do it. Walk around with the boot tuck for a day, see how you like it. etc. You'll know by the end of the day if it worked or not, for you. I think this 'bad weather' mention is just an excuse, because you know that deep down inside, you consciously want to rock it.

As far as being short and not being able to work it into a look, I find it really depends on the proportions of each piece.

I do wanna rock it, but only with this picticular pair of chunku boots! Thing is, these chunky boots won't work when it's anything but crazy snow out there. They are... think Army Mickey Mouse boots, if you know what I mean.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
They are... think Army Mickey Mouse boots, if you know what I mean.

I really like Folk/Shofolk. If you think they look that bad put them up in B&S and get some money to buy non-Mickey Mouse boots. If they are size 10 and beat up, I might buy them.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I really like Folk/Shofolk. If you think they look that bad put them up in B&S and get some money to buy non-Mickey Mouse boots. If they are size 10 and beat up, I might buy them.

No, I don't think that they look bad. It's just that they do remind me somewhat of the Mickey Mouse boots.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the boots look good, and tucking should work. What material is the sole made out of?

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
I think the boots look good, and tucking should work. What material is the sole made out of?

Rubber.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads