• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tucking in Shirt

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forsbergacct2000
I usually just tuck it back in. It may not be graceful, but up until about five years ago, neither was the untucked shirt.

+1. Yes, I am tucking in my shirt, I don't care if anyone sees and/or notices it.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I like to unzip my fly... stick my hand way up in there and grab the bottom of my shirt and pull it down from the inside.
rimshot.gif

I do this. Not in public.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Wait until I can put my foot up on something.

Eagle

Reaction score
Have you considered a shirt garter, to keep your shirttail from coming un-tucked. If so, just make sure you tuke it in at home and then fuggetaboutit!
wink.gif

Rudy The Fifth 76'

Reaction score
I never tuck in my shirt, would like to but...not sure about the look. What's the style today? Is there a style or when to tuck it in? Going out I rarely see guys with their shirts in. Also, I've never been a big fan of belts.

So, when, with a belt? Some help on this would be great.
I'll post up some pics later & some advise on this subject would be wonderful.
Also, my fashion sense tells me a tucked in shirt w/o a belt is a no-no. Correct?
I see this quite a bit though.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like most things - skip the BS modesty and just do it discretely and quickly if you can't find a private spot.

Monaco

Reaction score
No way to do it unnoticed in public. I always do a re-tuck after taking a whiz, doesn't matter though, it gets messed up once you sit, stretch, or bend.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you're going to do it, you can't show any hesitation and reluctance. You have to tuck your shirt in with extreme confidence that this is absolutely the right thing to do and if anybody looking at you think's it's not the right thing or it's inappropriate then they are ******* stupid. If you can pull it off with just the right attitude then it can work.

cheyrou

Reaction score
one time when i was 12 or so i tucked myself in really awkwardly at church before i recieved commnion, my priest's jaw dropped and when he served me he said "gentlemen dont touch themselves in public, i never want to see you do that again" i felt like **** for at least two months.

hunky

Reaction score
Really depends! Is it a situation where you have to undo the belt and pants to tuck it in, or is there enough room to just stuff it back in there? If we're going for the 'stuff' option, you could time it with a kind of rocking back on your heels then toes and slide your thumbs round in a swift motion, preferrably with a pipe in your mouth and a large moustache.

jobro

Reaction score
Is it possible that because your doing a rush job due to possible public viewing you might tuck your shirt in too far? Maybe that is something to consider.

Steph0r

Reaction score
my history teacher celebrates the act of tucking evrytime he stands up by means of unbuttoning his pants, solemnly tucking his shirt in and rebuttoning his pants again. fascinating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads