• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tsubi Fire Island...........

Johnny5

Reaction score

These are hot..... anyone knows other brands with similar design as these? Thanks! Or what are they actually called?

royal618

Reaction score
Please not Tsubi.

No. No. No.

Just purchase another brand of these type of shirts.

Verb

Reaction score
Johnny 5, I believe you'll have alot more luck posting in the Streetwear and Denim portion of StyleForum. Tsubi doesn't exactly fall into Menswear and the sales people at Barneys don't even know it exists despite stocking it on their shelves!
crazy.gif

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, but does labeling your collection/shirting "Tsubi Fire Island," immediately conjure connotations of "Tsubi Queer New Yorker"? Not as bad as the International Male advertising, but this definitely reeks of a "target" audience.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Is it just me?

No, you're not alone.

Johnny5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Verb
Johnny 5, I believe you'll have alot more luck posting in the Streetwear and Denim portion of StyleForum. Tsubi doesn't exactly fall into Menswear and the sales people at Barneys don't even know it exists despite stocking it on their shelves!
crazy.gif

O yes sorry about that... heh

Brian SD

Reaction score
I actually like the shirt quite a bit. I'm not sure where you'll find one similar to be quite honest but I'd check preppier brands. If I didn't have chest hair I'd totally wear something like this to the beach.

Metal Circus

Reaction score
Look, if this was from, say, Spruce, I bet you'd be all over it. I generally hate Tsubi, but this isn't bad. Even though the variation in stripe height gives it a weird 80's vibe, I could definitely see myself wearing this.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metal Circus
Look, if this was from, say, Spruce, I bet you'd be all over it. I generally hate Tsubi, but this isn't bad. Even though the variation in stripe height gives it a weird 80's vibe, I could definitely see myself wearing this.

No, I doubt it. I like most Spruce stuff, and a large proportion of Wings & Horns stuff, but I think that their strength lies in all things fleece. Their hoodies and some of their outerwear is killer, but I think that there are better out there than their shirts (including tees and thermals), for the price. For example, I have absolutely no problem paying $150-$180 (depending on the brand and design) for their zip fleeces, but $100 for their thermals are not a good deal to me. The Wings & Horns pants and woven shirts I've seen are interesting, but I definitely don't think that that is their strength.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads