• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tsovet watches

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking for an watch that I can wear everyday, and my budget is around 200. I want something with a bit of bulk, so these Tsovet watches seem to fit the bill.. EXCEPT they're a bit expensive for me. Just wanted to get opinions on Tsovet -- I've never heard of this brand before, so I know nothing about the quality of them... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OJ4kn8tfKg...h/TSOVET+2.jpg I'm currently a high school senior, so I want a pretty casual watch that I can wear with anything. The above one is about what I'm looking for, just want to see if anyone has other recommendations for other watches? Thanks!

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like the look of those U-Boat watches, and also the IWC big pilots, but they're wayyyy out of my price range.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I met the guy who makes Tsovet at Legion. Actually, Ilan from Legion and a few others at the party were saying how great the watches were. At 25% off I was giving some thought to them but chickened out. Kinda regretting it now.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
those caught my eye at Legion too. pretty cool I have 2 similar Russian Divers by Adee Kaye (black face with red numbers and black face with white numbers)....there seemed to be a few on sale before on amazon for around $120, but I dont see any right now. Basically the same watch, built like a tank, and the scratchproof sapphire crystal really is scratchproof. I wear mine as dailies and not a scratch on the glass. Leather strap is really thick but supple. Here is one on ebay BIN for $93. black w/orange Black with white but costs double btw, the Tsovet watches are quartz and run by battery. The Adee Kaye above are automatic movement.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't really like the Adee Kaye logos on the faces... I'd prefer something with a smaller logo What's the difference between quartz and automatic? And don't both run on battery? (watch noob here
blush.gif
)

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Automatic means that the watch runs off of a battery which gets its power from your kinetic movement.
Actually Automatic means that it has a spring powered movement which is self winding. I think you are refering to (Seiko) Kinetic watches. Cheers

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the Tsovet watches on the Blackbird store blog a while back and also thought that several of the models looked appealing, especially for the price. I would be interested in viewing the watches in person sometime.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made the mistake of showing my parents the black Tsovet from Brigade - it's already come in for my Christmas present (mistake since I could have been wearing it, had I ordered the thing...). I stopped by to take a look, it's great. The watch part is even thicker than I would have guessed without being ridiculous, and the black face on black leather is nicely understated.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of looking like a douchebag when I pull out my iPhone to check the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics