• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying to mimic this look...

dolphin08

Reaction score
Hey all,

I found the following pair of 7 jeans:

http://www.7forallmankind.com/store/...ctid=1464&cs=1

...and I really like the look. I'm a jeans newbie, but I'm loving the "shininess," really dark wash, lack of any fading, etc. I'm also a fan of slim-fit bootcuts.

The problem is that, as a poor grad student, I just can't justify spending $200 on jeans. Now, I realize that you can't get quality jeans for $40. I can probably justify spending in the < $125 range; does anyone have any suggestions for similar jeans for a bit less? I've been very happy with Levi's 527s in the past, but they no longer seem to make the really dark wash in my size.

I also love the shoes in that picture. But I know nothing about shoes. I'm looking for a pair of shoes that can be worn at work, at a club, and casually. Shoes that will look very sharp with jeans and aren't outrageously expensive. I currently wear a pair of ECCO's that look something like this: http://www.eccousa.com/shoes/mens/ca...87/detail.aspx -- but I feel that my shoes lack a certain "edge." Of course, I also don't want to get shoes that are too fancy (perhaps the shoes in the picture, for instance?). Any suggestions for resources to help me with shoes would be much appreciated!

skunkworks

Reaction score
The jeans are actually non-offensive for 7FAM. There are tons of options for dark, possibly raw, slim fit bootcut jeans. Try trolling eBay for RRL slim boot denim. Also keep an eye out on the B&amp;S forum here for other options (5EP LDB, Crate is nicely priced for you esp. on sale...).

The shoes are a monstrocity. If I were you I'd forgo the jeans and save up for a decent pair of shoes first. There are tons of threads on shoes for jeans in this forum -- try the search function.

brohymn

Reaction score
Learn your fashion faux pas: square toed shoes and bootcut jeans are no-no's.

Those jeans only look shiny because of the lighting in the photo.

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
if a budget is your problem, then try picking up used ones on ebay. you are going to have to put in a little work to find the exact ones that you want. then you have to make sure you get it from a seller that has completed many transactions, high feedback, good pics (so you can spot a fake) and that offers a return policy

if you are willing to put in a little work, put up with a used pair, the tradeoff are quality discounted jeans

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are going for that look, at least you will save money that you would have spent on a shirt.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try looking for some RRL straight legs at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for 50 bucks. They're not boot cut, but should be more full in the leg while remaining a bit slim. Also keep a lookout in the b and s thread for some quality jeans at a decent price. APC NS would do well, but they are a bit slim and pricy.

Gqreader is right, though. Spend some more time at SF before starting a thread. Even try the search function and browse the waywnt thread.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the search + google function is really helpful. Try reading some stuff on this forum before making more threads...people here are usually not that friendly when you're the new guy that creates pointless thread. You'll be amaze what you can learn. First thing I learn is how to shop, then understand more about fit, value/quality, and I'm still trying to develop my aesthetics.

As most suggest :

The 5epldb is pretty nice.
RRL slim boot

The buy/sell section is a wonderful market. Usually have great deals on demin. This also remind me; know your measurement. Look around for a measuring tape, if you don't have one around. They're like 2 bucks I think.

^ for future references when you buy clothes.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a good look what would you be wearing for top pieces?

spax

Reaction score
I concour on the RRL denim at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. I saw some in the skinny fit AND straight leg for $60 at the stores I looked at, they were raw and I'm sure they were selvage. didn't have my size though which sucked ass.

I know you're looking for a bootcut but at least consider a straight leg jean. I used to love and wear nothing but bootcut jeans for close to 6+ years but once I started wearing straight leg/skinny jeans I honestly don't want to wear anything else. I don't even like the look of bootcut jeans on me anymore tbph.

pharrow59

Reaction score
though a google search of &quot;5eplbd&quot; does lead to a sufu buy/sell thread, i think some of us over rely on abbreviations when helping out newbs.

just sayin-- sure &quot;apc ns&quot; is okay but if someone drops &quot;PBJXX005OW&quot; i'm going to flip.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i have to agree with the above about RRL.

if you want shimmering, dark indigo, slim bootcut (subtle) in an absolutely great quality denim and fit (better fit than those 7 jeans) you have to get a pair of RRL slim bootcut.

i got one here for 80 dollars and they are by far my most wearable and one of favorite jeans right now.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
You really think this looks good? REALLY? You're not just trolling? I'm just utterly confused on how anyone could actually like this look.
The jeans are OK. Not something I'd buy outside of a bargain bin at 75% discount, but still. Shoes are... not good. Edit: reread first post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads