1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trying to match Ermenegildo Zegna pieces

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by OcFrog114, May 13, 2016.

1. OcFrog114

OcFrog114 Member

So,

I entered into a auction for a a Zenga suit on eBay. I won it for a cheap price ($25) because they ended up only having the pants. Below is a picture of the original posting and a picture of the tag that is located inside the pants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What I am trying to figure out is if the below suit jacket matches with my pants and the authenticity of both of them. I know looking at the two tags that might not be the case.. so 1) does it not match (most likely) and 2) how can I tell in the future ! Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks !!!

I understand this is a lot to ask, but I thought I would share my predicament

2. MeachamLake

MeachamLake Senior Member

Almost certain they don't match - the trousers have a much more recent tag than the jacket. Furthermore, the trousers are made in Portugal whilst the tag on the jacket indicates it's made in Italy, hence the "IT". I have a Zegna suit of a similar age made in Switzerland and it says "CH" in the same place, so I'm pretty sure that rules it out.

Nice trousers though - you could match them with a good selection of odd jackets and they'd look great, especially for $25!