Trying to find Chelsea/ankle boots in North Carolina--does anyone carry a selection?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Farmgate, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Farmgate

Farmgate Well-Known Member

I was wondering if any of our North Carolina contigent could recommend a shoe store, boot specialty shop or department store that carries dress ankle boots/chelsea boots that are kind of long-nosed, fashion forward? I know there are Aldo's in Charlotte and Raleigh but was looking for something with more style and leather.

I am sure there must be something in Raleigh or Charlotte, or possibly Wilmington. Can anyone make a suggestion?

I will be in the Raleigh/Durham area tomorrow.

Thanks again for any recommendations.

2. WildeMan

WildeMan Senior member

We used to have a vacation home just south of Wilmington. It's a great city, but I can't remember any decent shoe stores for men.

There is an Allen Edmonds outlet store in the Greensboro area. I think it has recently moved, so best to check online. I appreciate that not everyone sees AE as "fashion forward".

The Saks 5th outlet in Myrtle Beach (SC) might have something, too. It's an hour south of Wilmington.

3. Masse1369

Masse1369 Member

I bought a pair of Magnanni Chelsea's in black from Off Saks in Mebane at the Tanger Outlets a few weeks ago. They didn't have a huge selection of sizes but they had mine. There is also a Nordstrom Rack off I-40, right across from Nordstroms. Give them a shout and see if they have your size before you travel and let me know if you have any questions.

4. WildeMan

WildeMan Senior member

Just checked - the AE outlet is also at Tanger Mebane.