Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trying to find cargo pants

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by skribs, Jul 29, 2016.

1. skribs

skribs New Member

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm trying to find cargo pants that meet specific criteria. I absolutely cannot stand velcro, which is unfortunately what they make most cargo pants with. What I like are the buttons. Unfortunately, most that I can find with the buttons have only 1 size per waistline, meaning it's really hard to find something in 36x30.

Can someone recommend me a pair of pants that is:
    Available in 36x30
    Cargo pants with buttons (not velcro or snaps)
    Has a smooth feel to it
    Loose or straight fit that won't restrict movement

I'm having a tough time finding this. I've spent hours both in brick and mortars and online and not found anything that quite fits what I want. It's really frustrating when I know what I want and just can't quite get it. I would welcome any advice.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What are you talking about when you say "smooth". Like a tech fabric? Or a canvas? Are the pants for the style, or do they need to fulfill some other function. Finally, how much are you willing to pay?

3. skribs

skribs New Member

I don't really know much about materials. What I mean is something that isn't coarse. I have really dry skin, and coarser fabrics can be very irritating. (This is also why I don't want velcro). I also don't like the lines you get with denim (I realize we're not talking about jeans, but I hope it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for).

I'm not really looking for a particular style. I just want to find pants that are comfortable, fit me, and have big pockets. I am very active, and need pants that will not restrict my movement, such as grabbing my knees when I try to bring my knees up high. This is why I don't want narrow pants.

As for price, I'd prefer not to spend over $100 per pair, but I really want pants that fit me right and will do what I need them to do.