• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying to find a super skinny mini pen for an agenda

40kaas-nl

Reaction score
Maybe a Fisher space pen or an Inka pen will be suitable? I have an Inka pen on my keyring and its quite compact and durable, can be converted into a full size pen and has a PDA stylus.
pens_stainless.jpg
Review

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Look at the Pilot Birdie - the pen and pencil are 5mm in diameter. They seem to be hard to find to buy online though.

In my Filofax with its relatively thin loops I ended up with one Marvy Le Pen roller which writes pretty well actually. But I think the Birdie is thinner than that.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Look at the Pilot Birdie - the pen and pencil are 5mm in diameter. They seem to be hard to find to buy online though.

In my Filofax with its relatively thin loops I ended up with one Marvy Le Pen roller which writes pretty well actually. But I think the Birdie is thinner than that.

Here's what I'm working with. Skinny! I need like 4mm or less.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's absurd. Maybe one of those slightly thicker roller ball refills will fit. What do they expect you to do here anyway?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
That's absurd. Maybe one of those slightly thicker roller ball refills will fit. What do they expect you to do here anyway?

Wow, agreed, that's ridiculously thin. Have you ever tried to write with something so small? It's reminds me of the pen that comes in a swiss army knife. Very uncomfortable, almost useless. Might as well carry a regular sized pen in your pocket.

ccc123

Reaction score
The Victorinox Swiss Army pen - in the manager and midnight manager - are very small and should stay inside the knife body - you extend the nail file and use the whole knife body and the nail file as a pen - yes i work for Swiss Army!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hermes' silver pen should work. I believe ST Dupont sells some as well since they make the refills.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
deleted

jko201

Reaction score
I have researched and researched this as my husband was coveting the Hermes GM agenda for his birthday, and I have just returned from the store with the purchase of the agenda and an unlined notepad. The pen will have to wait until Christmas. There are 2 pens that will definitely fit the very small loops of the Hermes PM & GM agenda, other than the gorgeous sterling silver Hermes pen which is $200. I must say that the unique thing about the Hermes pen is that the base of the pen fits in the bottom loop so that it is a "receptacle" for the writing portion, which is beautiful. However, if you want to go another route, you can use a Cross MicroPen PDA stylus/retractable pen (about $30 and refill cartridges are a few dollars). The orange micro pen is perfect with the Hermes orange GM agenda; not sure if it is too long for the PM. The other alternative is the very pretty sterling silver "the wallet pen" as seen on Oprah as one of her favorite things. Website is thewalletpen.com. This is about $50, refills are a few bucks. This is super tiny and will work with both the PM & the GM.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I agree. Is this Hermes or the like? If it isn't, it might just be worth it to find something similar that wasn't so difficult to fit a pen into.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Zebra from Japan makes just what you are after; brushed stainless case, stylus-size, about $3 a piece. mechanical pencil version also available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads