Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trying to find a super skinny mini pen for an agenda

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by HomerJ, Jan 5, 2008.

1. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

I've checked google and eBay but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I want a mini pen, the size of a PDA stylus. I found some PDA styluses that are multifunction and include a pen but I can't find just a pen in that size.

2. 40kaas-nl

40kaas-nl Senior member

Maybe a Fisher space pen or an Inka pen will be suitable? I have an Inka pen on my keyring and its quite compact and durable, can be converted into a full size pen and has a PDA stylus. [​IMG] Review

3. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Thanks but that pen looks like it's going to be too large in diameter.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Look at the Pilot Birdie - the pen and pencil are 5mm in diameter. They seem to be hard to find to buy online though.

In my Filofax with its relatively thin loops I ended up with one Marvy Le Pen roller which writes pretty well actually. But I think the Birdie is thinner than that.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

If you must, Hermes sells pens and pencils to fit into their rather thin-looped agendas.

6. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Look at the Pilot Birdie - the pen and pencil are 5mm in diameter. They seem to be hard to find to buy online though.

In my Filofax with its relatively thin loops I ended up with one Marvy Le Pen roller which writes pretty well actually. But I think the Birdie is thinner than that.

Here's what I'm working with. Skinny! I need like 4mm or less.

[​IMG]

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

That's absurd. Maybe one of those slightly thicker roller ball refills will fit. What do they expect you to do here anyway?

8. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

That's absurd. Maybe one of those slightly thicker roller ball refills will fit. What do they expect you to do here anyway?

Wow, agreed, that's ridiculously thin. Have you ever tried to write with something so small? It's reminds me of the pen that comes in a swiss army knife. Very uncomfortable, almost useless. Might as well carry a regular sized pen in your pocket.

9. ccc123

ccc123 Senior member

The Victorinox Swiss Army pen - in the manager and midnight manager - are very small and should stay inside the knife body - you extend the nail file and use the whole knife body and the nail file as a pen - yes i work for Swiss Army!

10. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Hermes' silver pen should work. I believe ST Dupont sells some as well since they make the refills.

11. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

deleted

12. jko201

jko201 New Member

I have researched and researched this as my husband was coveting the Hermes GM agenda for his birthday, and I have just returned from the store with the purchase of the agenda and an unlined notepad. The pen will have to wait until Christmas. There are 2 pens that will definitely fit the very small loops of the Hermes PM & GM agenda, other than the gorgeous sterling silver Hermes pen which is $200. I must say that the unique thing about the Hermes pen is that the base of the pen fits in the bottom loop so that it is a "receptacle" for the writing portion, which is beautiful. However, if you want to go another route, you can use a Cross MicroPen PDA stylus/retractable pen (about $30 and refill cartridges are a few dollars). The orange micro pen is perfect with the Hermes orange GM agenda; not sure if it is too long for the PM. The other alternative is the very pretty sterling silver "the wallet pen" as seen on Oprah as one of her favorite things. Website is thewalletpen.com. This is about $50, refills are a few bucks. This is super tiny and will work with both the PM & the GM.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I agree. Is this Hermes or the like? If it isn't, it might just be worth it to find something similar that wasn't so difficult to fit a pen into.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Zebra from Japan makes just what you are after; brushed stainless case, stylus-size, about $3 a piece. mechanical pencil version also available.