• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying to decide on white sneakers...

BigRed

Reaction score
So I want to get a pair of white sneakers for the spring/summer. I’m debating between going with a designer shoe like the Common Projects Achilles, SLP all white, or Givenchy all white knots sneaker. Then I was thinking about getting something more basic instead like a all white Nike Airforce 1or Stan Smith all white. I would wear them mostly with straight leg jeans. Thoughts on this???

GTWY_Store

Reaction score
If you are debating between those options, I would personally opt for the Stan Smith white sneakers, so you have a pair that will last you years stylewise and which won't break the bank.
Out of the other options, I prefer the Common Projects Achilles Sneakers because of its clean looks.

I hope I could be of use and good luck with the decision.

Have a stylish day,
GTWY

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Don't wear Stan Smiths they are too ubiquitous (I used to like them a lot but the big bang marketing return=everyone wears them). Designer sneakers are stupid so unless you absolutely want some specific pair get some normal ones like the Nike Tennis or some Keds or maybe Springcourts. Hell even Muji has got you covered.

GTWY_Store

Reaction score
Don't wear Stan Smiths they are too ubiquitous (I used to like them a lot but the big bang marketing return=everyone wears them). Designer sneakers are stupid so unless you absolutely want some specific pair get some normal ones like the Nike Tennis or some Keds or maybe Springcourts. Hell even Muji has got you covered.

I do get the fact that you think Stan Smiths are too common, however doesn't that mean that they are great sneakers? These white sneakers are probably the most iconic white sneaker there is. If you want to stand out, these sneakers are not for you, however if you just want a great pair of affordable white leather sneakers, you cannot go wrong with Stan Smith's in my humble opinion.

J FitzPatrick

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have just launched our Sneaker Range which includes an all white option (see below)

It would be good to get your thoughts on them as a new addition to our collection.

Many thanks
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-9-november-2017-hero-trainers-0215.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-9-november-2017-hero-trainers-on-feet-0065.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads