• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying to be screwed through paypal by a buyer, your thoughts...

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, recently i sold a bunch of paul smith boots.

one user bought a pair of 9.5s and upon receiving them, decided he wanted a size 9 as well. I didnt have a size 9 at the time.

Another user, from this forum, sent me an email asking if i had an 8.5, as his size 9 did not fit. I did have the 8.5, and proposed a deal wherein he would send his 9 to the ebay user, i would send the 8.5 to him, and the ebay user would paypal me the money for the boots.

Both pairs of boots were sent express, and the fedex tracking from the styleforum member to the ebay user shows the boots being delivered.

The ebay user as well emailed me through ebay saying he got the size 9, as well as referencing the fact that he had the size 9.5 as well.

Considering this three way deal was performed outside of ebay, will i be protected?

The user sent me email through ebay saying he received the boots, and the fedex tracking says he received the boots, is this enough evidence?

sloane3

Reaction score
So the eBay user is refusing to send the funds to you? What's the issue?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my wife sold a leather jacket to someone. said she never got it. wife had to refund it. found the woman on a fashion blog bragging about her new leather jacket. gave my wife + feedback. paypal sucks, especialy for sellers.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
the issue is that, the ebay user sent me the funds, received the boots from the sf member, and is now stating on paypal that he did not receive the boots, and has escalated the problem into a dispute
I'm sorry but grab your ankles.. This calls for the double facepalm...
facepalm2sn8.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the marsupial sent me a message through ebay stating that he received the boots. Wtf? How does he expect to win this dispute?

Just make sure you give Paypal all the evidence you have and hope for the best. What happened to the 9.5s?

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he has two pairs, the 9.5s and 9s, and in his message to me through ebay, he states he received the 9s, as well as stating that he has the 9.5s and he would be willing to ship them to someone for me.

i attached a screen shot of the ebay message to the dispute, is there anyway i can save the email message from gmail and attach that as well?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to comandeer the Invisible Hand for one day and destroy eBay/PayPal with it.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he has two pairs, the 9.5s and 9s, and in his message to me through ebay, he states he received the 9s, as well as stating that he has the 9.5s and he would be willing to ship them to someone for me.

i attached a screen shot of the ebay message to the dispute, is there anyway i can save the email message from gmail and attach that as well?

Can't you just screenshot the gmail message too?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thats what i did, but im not sure a screenshot is viable evidence

It's better than no evidence. He could try to dispute the evidence, I guess, or claim it's doctored, but everything helps.

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had the signature confirmation emailed to me, it was signed by a S. Chavez, not the same name as the buyer. The boots were sent to im assuming, an appartment building, as the address has a building letter designation.

Would this work against me?

A curious note is that the road the building is located on is named Miguel Chavez Road.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if somebody signed for it, opened the box, took the shoes, filled it with a brick, and then left it for the rightful recipient. The recipient sees the box and e-mails you that he has received the shoes before opening the box. Later he opens the box and finds only a brick inside. He contacts paypal and tells them he's been duped. Voila.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads