1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trying the polo+tie look

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lazio, May 3, 2007.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

That person appears to be some form of a human gargoyle.

Succintly put. [​IMG]

2. lazio

lazio New Member

LOL I don't know what clubs you go out to but I've never seen any parents with kids at mine... or walking in the streets when I am going there at 1am, not even here in NYC.

Billie Joe Armstrong with a thin white tie:

[​IMG]

3. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Sorry, it is just a look that does not work. The possible irony of mixing casual and business comes off as just stupid.

4. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

If there's a lesson from the picture above, it is that rock stars have it within their purview to dress in ridiculous ways. In their case, it is an acknowledgement of a sort that theirs is a ridiculous position and so they are entitled to express their awareness of that by doing ridiculous things.

But for anyone else, it's just plain ridiculous.

5. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

It is no less ridiculous when fake punk rockers who drive Ferraris do it. It is universally ridiculous. I'm fairly tolerant in sartorial matters but...

At any rate, the OP smells of a troll...a Vaclav-esque troll, just not as skillfully done. [​IMG]

6. MrRogers

MrRogers Senior member

Not a good look for anyone....you look insane in those first 2 shots.

If anyone can pull it off it has to be either a knit or extremely thin tie. Taking a 3.5 blade silk tie and wearing it with a lands end polo = disaster

MrR

7. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

THe BJA pic is also not a polo...[​IMG]

8. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Wearing a tie with a short sleeved shirt always looks terrible. Multiply that by a factor of three if the short sleeved shirt is a polo.