• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying out a new style - Is it right?

Envos

Reaction score
Hello everybody, firstly let me introduce myself. I am a 18 year old freshman from Europe, and lately i have taken an intrest in changing my style dramatically (Not really of a style, jeans, T-shirts and etc...). Not really an expert in fashion, so hear me out and do you think thats a good idea or not :

While most people of my age are rather casual, i want to take a rather conservative approach. Starting with my hair.... I have taken an intrest in slicked back hair..I have naturally wavy brown/black hair (currently dyed Black) Somehow i think it really looks good on me, when i tried it short-term, but do you think its worth to wear that hairstyle everyday, even at a university? Will I get strange looks?

Secondly, what clothes should i wear to match the hairstyle that would work everyday? I have a pair of black collared shirts (Is this the correct american term?) that look really great (a italian brand and they weren't cheap..Don't know how to describe em). If its cold or its winter, i wear a leather jacket...

For my lower body now i mostly wear blue jeans.. Thats it, plain blue jeans. I dissapointment, but i don't know where to go

For my footwear.... I wear either simple black leather shoes (if i go out) or some great white sneakers...

Anyway for the TL
biggrin.gif
R people
Slicked Back - Bad or Good and what clothes goes go great with them.

I will really thank the people who respond to this and help me find my style.

citizenshame

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Envos
Hello everybody, firstly let me introduce myself. I am a 18 year old freshman from Europe, and lately i have taken an intrest in changing my style dramatically (Not really of a style, jeans, T-shirts and etc...). Not really an expert in fashion, so hear me out and do you think thats a good idea or not :

While most people of my age are rather casual, i want to take a rather conservative approach. Starting with my hair.... I have taken an intrest in slicked back hair..I have naturally wavy brown/black hair (currently dyed Black) Somehow i think it really looks good on me, when i tried it short-term, but do you think its worth to wear that hairstyle everyday, even at a university? Will I get strange looks?

Secondly, what clothes should i wear to match the hairstyle that would work everyday? I have a pair of black collared shirts (Is this the correct american term?) that look really great (a italian brand and they weren't cheap..Don't know how to describe em). If its cold or its winter, i wear a leather jacket...

For my lower body now i mostly wear blue jeans.. Thats it, plain blue jeans. I dissapointment, but i don't know where to go

For my footwear.... I wear either simple black leather shoes (if i go out) or some great white sneakers...

Anyway for the TL
biggrin.gif
R people
Slicked Back - Bad or Good and what clothes goes go great with them.

I will really thank the people who respond to this and help me find my style.

you seem nice.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These men are trying to seduce you. It doesn't look like it's going to end well.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
These men are trying to seduce you. It doesn't look like it's going to end well.

Agreed. Do not accept offers of candy or puppies from any SF member.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR

What sort of lubricant do you use on your hair?
drool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads