1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"Try Change" glasses - glasses with interchangeable frames and arms

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TheDarkKnight, Oct 11, 2011.

1. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

I wondered if anyone had bought these and what they thought, or indeed if you could recommend other glasses that have interchangeable frames so you can have different colours and patterns for less cost.

Thanks!

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    my wife has some danish glasses with interchangeable staves. rims are neutral, gunmetal gray. they're pretty cool. she's got like 4 sets of staves and pops them in and out to match mood/outfit.

3. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Ah great to hear! Can you find out their brand please as they may be available here and for men too

4. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    this is the outfit. though i can't really tell much from their website, including whether they make a men's collection (damned androgyny!)

5. catperson

catperson New Member

TRY CHANGE (made by Allison)offers a nice system of having a few basic shaped lenses and then a wide variety of snap on bridges and arms (called wishbones).
    I just got a pair from my optical store which came with 3 sets of wishbones and am now having fun accessing more wishbones styles and colours from the internet.

System works well -easy to snap on and off. I am loving the colour options. I paid 350.00 (bifocal and transition) for the initial glasses with 3 colour choices. other wishbones seem to cost about 50.00 if you shop the internnet. My Canadian optician wants 80.00 for each extra pair,