• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truzzi/Charvet Shirt Comparisson

bjm

Reaction score
I took advantage of some sales at STP recently and decided to buy some of these dress shirts. I had never heard of them before reading about them here were they are frequently mentioned as one of the best RTW shirts available. Here is the link to shirt I bought in white and blue. I think I did well as I paid $113 (Retail $325).

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/0...e-For-Men.html

Shirts arrived the other day and they exceded my expectations. Firtsly the material is lovely, not sure what type of cotton it is but you can feel the difference to say a regular medium quality department store dress shirt. The thick lustrous MOP buttons are classy and there is little touches of hand stiching all over, love the crows feet method sewing on of the buttons. Love the visible hand stiching of the arms to the body of shirt

I was worried buying this blind that the fit would be that awful bloussy U.S cut. Reading here it seems that there are some Truzzi that are made bigger for the U.S market. Well no fear these shirts are slim fitting with a capital S at least on my 44R torso. I suppose if you are an ultra skinky bean pole guy it may not seem as slim fitting but the shirt definately tapers down in width from shoulders to waist.

All in all I feel that I got a terrific bargain on these shirts. Would love to hear others opinions on Truzzi dress shirts and how they stack up.

P.S I also have a Charvet RTW )not from STP) on the way so it will be interesting to compare and contrast.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
All in all I feel that I got a terrific bargain on these shirts. Would love to hear others opinions on Truzzi dress shirts and how they stack up.

So would I. I will look at it since I do need a crisp, white, slim-fitting shirt. Thanks.

dclloyd

Reaction score
I've got a couple and have to agree, they're probably my favourite of the RTW shirts. The buttons do it for me ...
smile.gif

One thing I've wondered about with their shirts - they all seem to have a 'missing' or cutout piece of fabric under the collar at the back. Any idea as to the purpose?

Matt B

Reaction score
Based on the measurements given on STP, it would seem that they are quite long in the sleeve as standard (i.e. 17.5/37, which is what I need).

Do you think this bears out?

Thanks,
M

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd
I've got a couple and have to agree, they're probably my favourite of the RTW shirts. The buttons do it for me ...
smile.gif

One thing I've wondered about with their shirts - they all seem to have a 'missing' or cutout piece of fabric under the collar at the back. Any idea as to the purpose?

I wear a 14.5" collar, have a 40" shoulder, 37" chest and 31" waist. Would the smallest (size 38) fit me? I like slim. Thanks.

bjm

Reaction score
I am size 16 shirt, height 6ft and I did not measure the sleeve but it fits just right..didnt notice it being particularly long,

Originally Posted by Matt B
Based on the measurements given on STP, it would seem that they are quite long in the sleeve as standard (i.e. 17.5/37, which is what I need).

Do you think this bears out?

Thanks,
M

Matt B

Reaction score
Thanks. Looking at the comments on the STP site someone else mentioned that the sleeves were not as long as advertised.

M

bjm

Reaction score
yes, I think that is right.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt B
Thanks. Looking at the comments on the STP site someone else mentioned that the sleeves were not as long as advertised.

M

Darn! They don't have my size. What else is new?
frown.gif

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a quantity of them in the fall.

The contemporary ones have a slimmer cut. Older models are more full cut.

If you search for Truzzi threads started by me, you can find them with meaurements for chest, shoulder, arm, etc.

All the shirts are now sold. Very high quality.

At Louis Boston they sell for about $400.

bjm

Reaction score
My RTW charvet dress shirt arrived today. First impressions: The Charvet is also a lovely shirt but quite different. The Charvets best features is its ultra soft fabric, feels very luxurious, I would almost be afraid to send it to the dry cleaners for fear of what they might do to it..kind of thing. Edge to the charvet here. Also like the charvet collar shape over the Truzzi.

On the other hand the Truzzi MOP buttons seem a much higher quality and twice as thick. There is also much more real handiwork and nice little detailed touches on the Truzzi that appeal to me. I cant help but get the image of litlle old italian ladies sitting around the truzzi work room needle in hand crafting away lovingly on my shirt.

Initial impressions is that the Truzzi is a more substantial shirt that has had much more actual hands touching it as opposed to the Charvet that I am sure has very high quality materials used in its construction but at the same time you get the feeling it was put together by machines on an assembly line. I could be completely wrong in all of this but thats my initial reaction.

bjm

Reaction score
Yes, they are well picked over at this stage.

Originally Posted by mkarim
Darn! They don't have my size. What else is new?
frown.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fit in the neck? I am 15.5 and was thinking to get a 15 3/4,I wonder if it would be too big for me.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which coupon code(s) did you use to get the Truzzis at that price?

bjm

Reaction score
they had a 24% off the sale price the other day. Then I used the Spam99 code for another 15% off.

Originally Posted by pg600rr
which coupon code(s) did you use to get the Truzzis at that price?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads